Past technical discussions on Ahsay's Products

Moderator: Support Team

[Feature][OBS][NS]OBS real time front-end for monitoring

Postby intrikrakin » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:21 pm

Platform : windows
OS Version : windows server 2003 enterprise
Product : OBS
Product Version : any
Descriptions : some kind of real-time monitoring of user activity. To which things such as max upload speed, avg. upload speed, etc would be included. This would not be web based as it would run on the OBS server itself. this way someone can login to the server and have real-time monitoring. something along the lines of a "task manager" that windows has.
Reasons : currently the "online" status of users isn't displayed correctly so you are not sure if anyone is backing up data during a restart of the OBS service. Plus, including stats such as max upload and avg upload can allow you to better make descisions such as "does this client need to be throttled"
Workaround : none
Related Topics :
Keywords : real time status monitor, user status, download/upload status
intrikrakin

Re: feature requestion, OBS real time front-end for monitori

Postby Nelsonn » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:37 pm

intrikrakin wrote:Descriptions : some kind of real-time monitoring of user activity. To which things such as max upload speed, avg. upload speed, etc would be included. This would not be web based as it would run on the OBS server itself. this way someone can login to the server and have real-time monitoring. something along the lines of a "task manager" that windows has.

Sorry, I am a bit confuse with this part. Do you mean that you do not want the status monitor to be work as web based? And you want the status monitor to looks something like the "task manager" of windows??

intrikrakin wrote:currently the "online" status of users isn't displayed correctly so you are not sure if anyone is backing up data during a restart of the OBS service

The user status problem should be fixed in v5.2
Ahsay Online Backup
Nelsonn

Postby intrikrakin » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:10 am

if it can be real-time AND web based even better.

But I was looking for some kind of GUI that would have an interface that would display the following.

# of users connected
# of users backing up
# of users restoring
Max download speed (this would be "your" upload because you are uploading a restore to a user)
Avg download speed (average of your restore upload speed)
max upload speed (this would be the max speed each user is uploading to your backup server)
Average upload speed (this should be for both each user, and overall)

Also, with all those counters, the ability to track things either in real-time, or keep some kind of log over periods such as 24 hours that shows you average throughput on your backup server and the max speeds you are achieving in both restoring and customer uploads.
intrikrakin

Postby Nelsonn » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:19 am

We have reviewed your feature request and we agree that it is a very nice feature to have. However, we won't be able to fit this feature request into our well-packed development schedule for this year. I am putting this enhancement request into the enhancement queue. We will schedule a timeline for this request when we plan our next year's schedule.

Thank you for your suggestion and your support of AhsayOBS.

If you have another question in the future, please feel free to contact us from http://forum.ahsay.com/
Ahsay Online Backup
Nelsonn

Postby marspd » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:45 pm

I'd like to 2nd this request as it would be very useful to see how is online and what they are doing at the moment. At the moment you can only tell by looking at the log if someone is in the middle of a backup job. There is no way to tell if anyone is in the middle of a restore job or even if they are just logged in and browsing their folder structure.

Each of these activities should show up on the activity monitor.

The GUI suggestion above suggests some some of Windows forms type application but I would be happy with a web based solution and the option of an auto-refresh or button press refresh page.

regards

Paul
Best regards

Paul marsden
marspd

Postby SolPal » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:52 am

this would be great, I was going to come here and post something similar. I always wonder who's really connected and uploding/downloading and how fast. The reports window is not really life nor it shows if there is a low bandwidth problem / isp problems.
SolPal

Postby JasonEde » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:45 pm

You should be able to put something together from the API's... If you get the BackupReportSummary and there is no status code at all then it means that a job is in progress and then should then be able to pull out from each backup job the amount of data uploaded that job and information on the quota etc... The only thing I think can't pull out is an estimate on time left...
JasonEde

Return to Archived - Technical Discussions