Moderator: Support Team

Enhancement request - query last successfull backup

Postby speciall » Tue May 26, 2009 3:23 pm

Platform : ALL
OS Verion : ALL
Product : OBS
Product Version : 5.5.1.0
Descriptions : info page in the admin with "last successful backup"
Resaons : I want to chech on a regular base if there are any accounts that are haveing problems. Now I have to browse trough all users and see the reports
Keywords : last succesful backup, status of backup, reporting

I reguarly check if there are any accounts failing to backup correctly, and further more if there are specific backup sets having problems for certain accounts. I would like to view this on one page so I get a quick idea if everything is running fine.
Now I have to browse trough all users reports to see when the last successful backup was, this is very time consuming.
speciall

Postby JasonEde » Tue May 26, 2009 3:25 pm

You can do what we're doing which is use the API's to dump out the status of all backup jobs, and then present them in a web page... ListBackupJobStatus is the API to use.
JasonEde

Re: Enhancement request - query last successfull backup

Postby Kevinc » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:08 pm

speciall wrote:Platform : ALL
OS Verion : ALL
Product : OBS
Product Version : 5.5.1.0
Descriptions : info page in the admin with "last successful backup"
Resaons : I want to chech on a regular base if there are any accounts that are haveing problems. Now I have to browse trough all users and see the reports
Keywords : last succesful backup, status of backup, reporting

I reguarly check if there are any accounts failing to backup correctly, and further more if there are specific backup sets having problems for certain accounts. I would like to view this on one page so I get a quick idea if everything is running fine.
Now I have to browse trough all users reports to see when the last successful backup was, this is very time consuming.

Thanks for your suggestion; your enhancement request is now put in the queue.
Kevinc

Postby JasonEde » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:36 pm

You should be able to pull it out yourself using the existing API's. Below is a screenshot of part of our system that we've put together using VBscript to extract the data.

JasonEde

Return to Archived - Technical Discussions