Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Upgrade from 5.2.5.1 Vs. clean install on new server?

Past technical discussions on Ahsay's Products

Moderator: Support Team

Upgrade from 5.2.5.1 Vs. clean install on new server?

Postby NKH » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi all!
I just took over as backup-admin here and I see that our two servers are on Version 5.2.5.1. I've put in an order for new 6.11 Licenses, but what is the best approach to going to 6.11 plattform?

Upgrading the old servers or do a clean install on New servers?
Pros'nCons anyone?

Thanks!
NKH

Postby millhaus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:33 pm

AFAIK there is no real "upgrading" procedure from Ahsay.

Since it is only simple drag and drop from file to file, you can "upgrade" from v5xxx to 6100.

But I guess you need to take care about the steps.
v5xxx > v58xx > v6xxx > v6100 I guess. Check for Ahsay documentation what steps you have to make. But usually, the main package from 6100 contains all new files in order to run correctly. For our upgrading, we have used the default Ahsay OBS version v611 from the section "upgrade installation" as ZIP package.
http://ahsay.com/jsp/en/home/index.jsp? ... s-ahsayrps

Don't forget to documentate all the settings from OBS because after the upgrade it has lost them in order to avoid using "old" or "new" features. Also check for the OBS website, and do cpy old html, jsp files and so on. All these steps are mentioned on Ahsay OBS manual.

I d test it with an OBS v5251 - setting up a testing OBS should be done within minutes.
millhaus

Return to Archived - Technical Discussions