Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

OBM/ACB Seed Load Resume feature request

Past technical discussions on Ahsay's Products

Moderator: Support Team

OBM/ACB Seed Load Resume feature request

Postby raytaylor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:44 am

I would like to suggest a feature

Add seed loading to the ACB product
We live in a country where most households have only a 10gb per month internet data allowance - with average costs of $5 per gigabyte over that allowance depending upon the isp. It is very difficult to sell a home user the idea of an online backup solution when they have 30gb of data to initially seed load as they will get a very huge internet bill.

Resume seed loading
Why does every seed load have to be a full backup?
Is it not possible to check the server for an existing copy of the file, download the checksum and then rather than upload the incremental delta, just send it to the specified external hard drive for importing into the server later?
If a backup set has 100gb of files, and a single 20gb file has had a large change, it would be better to run an incremental seed load to an external hard drive, rather than send it via the internet, but that seed load shouldnt need to do the full 100gb of files that have not changed.
raytaylor

Postby PG » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:01 am

you can seed load in ACB, it just has to be done via the .bat file.

ACB is lightweight for a reason, I don't see why people always ask to 'enhance' it to have features OBM already does, that's why it's a cheaper product.
PG

Postby raytaylor » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:51 pm

awesome, thanks i shall have a look at the bat files.

Its cheaper because its designed for home users or those who dont need server backup functionality.
raytaylor

Return to Archived - Technical Discussions