Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Load on UBS vs hardware

Discuss technical questions on AhsayUBS

Moderator: Support Team

Load on UBS vs hardware

Postby Rylos » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:52 pm

I'm currently using a trial of the software and looking to move from another solution. Started on a windows virtual machine with the OBS loaded and did some testing. I just loaded the UBS in vmware and moved my install to it without any real issues. I'd like to know if there is a guide that explains the clients supported in relation to the hardware the UBS is given. The idea I have now is to install an RDR along with multiple UBS but there really isn't a guide to help me figure out what I am going to need in respect to hardware to support. Given this runs java I know it will be sensitive to cpu and memory to say the least.
Rylos

Re: Load on UBS vs hardware

Postby Support3 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:03 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Ahsay.

For a list of supported AhsayUBS hardware please refer to the following KB article https://forum.ahsay.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=10470

For an AhsayRDR server, the specification do not need to be as high as a backup server, as it's main role is redirecting AhsayACB/AhsayOBM client connection requests to the appropriate AhsayOBS backup server.

In respect to the number of clients supports on each AhsayOBS server, It is recommended to keep the maximum number of concurrent backup jobs on the OBS to 1000, to avoid potential performance problems.

Please refer to Chapter 3 Best Practices and Recommendations of our AhsayOBS Administrator Guide for further details https://forum.ahsay.com/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=9778
Support3

Return to AhsayUBS