Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Server os requirement

Discuss technical questions on AhsayUBS

Moderator: Support Team

Server os requirement

Postby SecureIP » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:20 am

Hi, I would like to know if the Windows 7 pro is a good OS to host OBS or if it's prefered to use Windows Server 2008. Thx to you.
SecureIP

Postby PG » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:55 am

Windows 7 would no doubt work, but why on earth would you want to use a desktop operating system to host a service. Ill make a prediction if you are considering a desktop operating system to host your OBS server you have not taken any consideration into appropriate hardware to host OBS on.

If you want to go down that path, use Linux.. at least its free
PG

Postby SecureIP » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:08 am

It just because I want to make a test with the solution. I will use a crappy server to make my test and dont want to buy Win 2008 if I dont need it.
SecureIP

Postby Scherring » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:04 am

In this case, your best choice is AhsayUBS ( http://www.ahsay.com/jsp/en/home/index. ... s_ahsayubs ) instead of either linux / windows.
Scherring Chong
Founder & Vice Chairman
Ahsay Backup
Scherring

Postby stonebridge » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Don't know about the Windows 7 option. We've found hosting for other providers on Windows 2008 Server and CentOS Linux are both solid.

Jim
KorComputing.com is a leading provider of Ahsay Backup Servers and Ahsay Replication.

http://www.korcomputing.com
stonebridge

Return to AhsayUBS