Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Upgrading from 5.5.8.0 OBS on ReadyNAS to OBS 6.15.0.0 UBS 2.15.0.0

Discuss technical questions on AhsayUBS

Moderator: Support Team

Upgrading from 5.5.8.0 OBS on ReadyNAS to OBS 6.15.0.0 UBS 2.15.0.0

Postby AverageJoe » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi All,

I have about 2.3 gig of data to move. I would like to keep most all the settings. Is there a list of settings that I have to manually punch in on the new box? I know the license will have to be different but I would like keep as much as possible and not copy over stuff that is not required, so a data move would be a better option at the application layer rather than me doing a UNIX rsync or something like that.

Should I just call in for support?

Thanks,
Joe
AverageJoe

Re: Upgrading from 5.5.8.0 OBS on ReadyNAS to OBS 6.15.0.0 UBS 2.15.0.0

Postby AverageJoe » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:24 pm

AverageJoe wrote:Should I just call in for support?

Well it seems this is a tough question. I have just under 20 main folders and 2.3tb of data, it is about 12 million files. RSYNC is VERY SLOW, i.e. 2-3 meg per second.

On the Linux side has anyone used TAR to move all these files to another host?

Thanks,
Joe
AverageJoe

Postby PG » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:19 am

small files are a pain in the butt, because it has to write every single file into the filesystem table along with every single file. We have 1 customer that is 200gb, 2 million files and it takes 3-4 days to move it anywhere.

Is it just the OBS home on this volume? Have you considered imaging the entire volume instead?
PG

Postby AverageJoe » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:29 am

PG,

I was trying to use RSYNC to another UNIX host. Gave up on that as when it did finish the second one would run but at times had errors and would stop. I can't tell if that is a network, client 32 bit or server 64 bit issue. Now I am still trying to upgrade and have a FreeNAS NFS mount point in the fstab so we will see. I have a question on how to add another HOME so that there are two locations we can put customers in.

Thanks,
Joe
AverageJoe

Return to AhsayUBS