Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Virtual machine (VMWare server) for RDR?

Discuss technical questions on AhsayRDR

Moderator: Support Team

Virtual machine (VMWare server) for RDR?

Postby levinhha » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:28 pm

I relized that RDR doesn't process task, just redirect request of user. So can I use Virtual machine form my VMWare server for it? Must I use real server for it?
levinhha

Postby bofh » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:36 am

you can always use a virtual server (but i would not recommend the vmware server - if it shoul dbe vmware than esxi but i recommend kvm)

you can use it for obs too why not ?

its more flexible that way and since an obs server needs not to work with something else its perfect to be virtualzed (and im not that big fan of virtualisation)
but obs is one of the few cases where it make sense (if its planned right)
bofh

Postby Support3 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:09 am

There's no limitation / restriction, to the AhsayRDR application, it makes no different whether the server is a physical machine or virtual machine.

Thanks.
Support3

Postby stonebridge » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:47 pm

levinhha,

We have used RDR on our VMWare cluster for about a year. Absolutely no problems.

Thanks!

Greg

Ahsay Virtual OBS and Data Replication Provider
KorComputing.com is a leading provider of Ahsay Backup Servers and Ahsay Replication.

http://www.korcomputing.com
stonebridge

Re: Virtual machine (VMWare server) for RDR?

Postby Harybald » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Can someone remind me where to fix the web page title branding for the RDR? I have got everything branded, except the title of the webpage still says 'Ahsay Redirector Management Console" (like in the browser tab).
NAT
Harybald

Return to AhsayRDR