Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Problem Update 6.9.0.0 with RDR and OBS

Discuss technical questions on AhsayRDR

Moderator: Support Team

Problem Update 6.9.0.0 with RDR and OBS

Postby fg » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:00 am

Hello,

I tried to update my OBS Servers to 6.9.0.0. In my testing environment everything just worked fine. But when I try to update my productive system I had no chance to connect from RDR to OBS AND from OBS to RDR.
First I updated my RDR Server to 6.9.0.0 and it works fine with all my 5 OBS Server. The version of the OBS were 6.3.1.1. After updateing first OBS to 6.9.0.0 I can't connect to the RDR.
How I update my Servers:

RDR (Debian Linux):
1. run uninstall.sh
2. move old rdr folder to rdr_old
3. untar package that I downloaded from customization portal (I use the same as for test environment)
4. copied *.xml and keystore from old /rdr_old/conf to new one
5. Input the Ranges in web.xml as I did on 6.3.1.1
6. run install.sh

OBS (Debian Linux):
1. run uninstall.sh
2. move old obsr folder to obsr_old
3. untar package that I downloaded from customization portal (I use the same as for test environment)
4. copied *.xml and keystore from old /obsr_old/conf to new one
5. Input the Ranges in web.xml as I did on 6.3.1.1
6. run install.sh

I removed my Servers from RDR and remove the RDR Setting from OBS Server. I try to reconnect from OBS to RDR but the issue said "failed to connect". Same from RDR to OBS. The strange thing is that the connection to the other Server worked. Only 6.9.0.0 RDR to 6.9.0.0 OBS wont work.

Can somebody tell me where my issues are.

Thanks a lot
fg

Postby mgaccess » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:18 am

Hi fg, did you figure out the issue? If so, could you share? Thanks
mgaccess

Postby mgaccess » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:33 am

I was getting the same error on one of my OBS servers after upgrade. I had to manually edit the obs.xml file with the new hostnames then restart OBS. That seemed to help the "failed to connect" issue, but I still cannot make changes via the management console to the Server Configuration section on that particular OBS. It always says: "Failed to connect to RDR"

I have to manually edit the obs.xml
mgaccess

Postby fg » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:20 pm

No I can't figured out the issue so far... Ahsay Support couldn't help me either. I tried the manually update for OBS my own and it worked. But it is not acceptable for me to "deactivate" the whole System Management.
The best is, I only have this problem on my online machines. On my testing environment in a private network everything work as it should.

Maybe someone else has a solution for this issue?
fg

Postby millhaus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:13 pm

Can you telnet each OBS/RDRs port?
Did you configureon the server.xml or web.xml files of RDR/OBS to allow traffic on the <range>-parameters for API calls?
Did you check the SSL certificates on each machine, if you use https?
millhaus

Return to AhsayRDR