Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

RDR failure to handle multiple FQDNs

Discuss technical questions on AhsayRDR

Moderator: Support Team

RDR failure to handle multiple FQDNs

Postby stonebridge » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:54 pm

We are working on upgrading our clients to latest; however, I have come across a show stopper. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this issue with RDR.

Before RDR, we had clients connecting directly to the OBS's FQDN. That got cumbersome, so we invested in the RDR. Install worked well as we just did a CNAME of the old addresses to the RDR's FQDN.

In testing the latest Ahsay RDR build, all backups fail saying no such user. The user is available, but RDR gives the error in the system log:

[Error] Invalid hostname, fqdn.used

Ahsay has given the response "Therefore, all the end-users must connect to a specific hostname of the AhsayRDR re-director and it is not possible to connect to another AhsayRDR re-director hostname since there will be "The account does not exisror message. It is not possible to use multiple hostname for AhsayRDR re-director server machine."

Obviously, that is not an acceptable answer, so I'm looking for version feedback. This error is on 6.9.2.0.

Thanks!

Greg
KorComputing.com is a leading provider of Ahsay Backup Servers and Ahsay Replication.

http://www.korcomputing.com
stonebridge

Legacy URL's to RDR

Postby kdewaard » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:51 pm

Hi Stonebridge,

I was wondering if you had a solution yet for this issue? We have somewhat the same problem as you have or had.

We have old domains connecting to our OBS machines and we like to redirect them with the RDR. The problem with CNAMES is that our RDR certificate does not accept the old domains.

Regards,

Kasper
kdewaard

Postby insane » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:04 am

Walked into this today when upgrading an OBS node, sadly we have many re-sellers who use their own FQDNs with CNAMEs to our RDRs FQDN

Total show stopper for us as we're running on windows. If we used Linux we could get nginx going and bypass this stupidity.
insane

Postby insane » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:26 am

Found the solution for this, you need to create 'sub admin' system accounts on each OBS node, then put in the relevant hostnames under the different sub admin accounts.
insane

Return to AhsayRDR