Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Seed replication server

Discuss technical questions on AhsayRPS

Moderator: Support Team

Seed replication server

Postby wiitho » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:21 pm

Hello!

I have a OBS with over a terabyte of data at the moment.
Im setting up an replication server this week, and from what I have found out I should be able to make a seed copy simply by copying all of the files.
However in my setup the system files and the user data are in different locations, som Im not sure how to do this.

On my OBS the system files are in c:\programfiles\.....\ and the user files are in x:\Online Backup\.
The RPS system files are in the same location, and Im using x:\ for the user files here as well.
Will it work to copy all the files from c:\Programfiles\... to the same folder on the RPS and copy the entire user directory from X:\ on the OBS to X:\ on the RPS?

Are there any "traps" I should avoid when doing this?

If I remember correctly, the OBS version is 6.15.0.0 and the RPS version is 6.19.0.0 as it was installed later.
Should I upgrade the OBS first to have the same version on both systems?

Any help is appreciated :)

Thomas
wiitho

Re: Seed replication server

Postby Support3 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:56 pm

Hello Thomas.

We suggest you upgrade your AhsayOBS to v6.19.0.0 first, as there have been some fixes and enhancement to replication since v6.15.0.0.

You can refer to our KB article "FAQ: How to Seed Load data from AhsayOBS to AhsayRPS? (2377)" for details viewtopic.php?f=82&t=10376

If your AhsayOBS and AhsayRPS servers on the same LAN and you only have around 1TB of data, it may be easier to consider replicating it data instead of a Seed Load.
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Support3

Return to AhsayRPS