Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Scheduling Replication times

Discuss technical questions on AhsayRPS

Moderator: Support Team

Scheduling Replication times

Postby besperson » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:07 am

Hello All,

Before I create a enhancement request I wanted to see if this is possible with RPS. Im asking as I seem to be getting mixed answers.

Is it possible to set replication to *ONLY* run during specific hours of the day? i.e. I want replication to start at 9:00PM and run through 5:00AM. At 5:00AM I want it to stop, then pick back up at 9:00PM where it left off.

Why you might ask, I have local backup servers in place for my customers, but I also offer off site replication but I do not want replication running during their normal business hours.

I see where the system has some entries for time, but it does not seem to work as expected.

Any help/insight MUCH appreciated!

thanks!

-b
besperson

Re: Scheduling Replication times

Postby Support3 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Hello

You can achieve this effect using the "Traffic Limit" feature, if you want replication to stop at specific times you can set the traffic limit to zero.

Please refer to "Chapter 8.3 Traffic Limit" of our Ahsay Replication Server Administrator’s Guide https://forum.ahsay.com/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=9785
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Support3

Return to AhsayRPS