Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

AhsayRPS and AhsayOBS replication [RPSSender.refreshUnloggedFile][Exception] [SendHandler.connect][Unable to connnect] [IOException] Reason=Connection refused: connect

Discuss technical questions on AhsayRPS

Moderator: Support Team

AhsayRPS and AhsayOBS replication [RPSSender.refreshUnloggedFile][Exception] [SendHandler.connect][Unable to connnect] [IOException] Reason=Connection refused: connect

Postby TLITMV » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:14 am

Hello,

So, we've had to reload our replication server and installed it with all the previous settings and our OBS has been unable to talk to it since. Here is an example from the logs on the OBS. It is just that repeating over and over again so as of this posting, it is the most recent. On the RS, there were only entries from 1120 to 1511 and that is it for the replication log. Restarting the server/services produces no difference in status. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Jason

04:23:39 PM Sent 0 byte in 11 sec (0 byte/sec)
12349 04:23:39 PM com.ahsay.obs.Y: [RPSSender.refreshUnloggedFile][Exception] [SendHandler.connect][Unable to connnect] [IOException] Reason=Connection refused: connect
12350 04:23:39 PM com.ahsay.obs.af.i(Unknown Source)
12351 04:23:39 PM com.ahsay.obs.af.a(Unknown Source)
12352 04:23:39 PM com.ahsay.afc.util.p.run(Unknown Source)
12353 04:23:39 PM java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
12354 04:23:39 PM com.ahsay.obs.gz: [SendHandler.connect][Unable to connnect] [IOException] Reason=Connection refused: connect
12355 04:23:39 PM com.ahsay.obs.at.e(Unknown Source)
12356 04:23:39 PM com.ahsay.obs.ai.c(Unknown Source)
12357 04:23:39 PM com.ahsay.obs.af.i(Unknown Source)
12358 04:23:39 PM com.ahsay.obs.af.a(Unknown Source)
12359 04:23:39 PM com.ahsay.afc.util.p.run(Unknown Source)
12360 04:23:39 PM java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
TLITMV

Re: Ahsay RS and OBS

Postby Support3 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:45 pm

Hello Jason

-Which version of AhsayOBS and AhsayRPS you were using?
-Are you replicating over the internet or LAN connection?

Please check if:

1. The replication receiver on your AhsayRPS server enabled.
2. Perform a "netstat -an" to check your AhsayRPS server is listenting to incoming traffic on the configured port.
2. From your AhsayOBS server your are able to telnet your_rps_server [replication port].
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Support3

Postby TLITMV » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:07 am

Support3 wrote:Hello Jason

Please check if:

2. Perform a "netstat -an" to check your AhsayRPS server is listenting to incoming traffic on the configured port.
2. From your AhsayOBS server your are able to telnet your_rps_server [replication port].

Versions are Ahsay Replication Server, Standard Edition 6.15.0.0 and Ahsay Offsite Backup Software, Business Edition 6.5.0.1.

1. Yes, it is already enabled.
2. It is listening on port 9444.
3. I am not able to telnet into the RPS, all I get running the telnet command from Windows 7 is a blinking console cursor. When trying in Putty, the window closes with no error messages given.
TLITMV

Postby Support3 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:44 pm

TLITMV wrote:
Support3 wrote:Hello Jason

Please check if:

Versions are Ahsay Replication Server, Standard Edition 6.15.0.0 and Ahsay Offsite Backup Software, Business Edition 6.5.0.1.

1. Yes, it is already enabled.
2. It is listening on port 9444.
3. I am not able to telnet into the RPS, all I get running the telnet command from Windows 7 is a blinking console cursor. When trying in Putty, the window closes with no error messages given.

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

If your AhsayRPS server is listening to port 9444 (from all IP addresses) and you are not able to telnet from your AhsayOBS to your AhsayRPS server on port 9444 please check the firewall settings on your AhsayRPS server.
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Support3

Re: AhsayRPS and AhsayOBS replication [RPSSender.refreshUnloggedFile][Exception] [SendHandler.connect][Unable to connnect] [IOException] Reason=Connection refused: connect

Postby TLITMV » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:00 am

The firewall is off, there isn't anything else software related that could be blocking it. The router (a SonicWall) is configured to pass traffic over that port to the replication system and was working before we had to reload the replication server. I can telnet to this server from itself and from another device at this location over normal telnet port, but am unable to over the 9444 port.

EDIT - I've checked the SonicWall and resetup the port forwarding. I confirmed with the data center that no traffic is blocked on port 9444.
TLITMV

Re: AhsayRPS and AhsayOBS replication [RPSSender.refreshUnloggedFile][Exception] [SendHandler.connect][Unable to connnect] [IOException] Reason=Connection refused: connect

Postby Support3 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:46 am

Hello Jason,

"I can telnet to this server from itself and from another device at this location over normal telnet port, but am unable to over the 9444 port"

Can perform a "netstat -an" to check your AhsayRPS server is listenting to incoming traffic on the configured port? Please post the results.
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Support3

Postby Support3 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Hello,

You screen shot shows your AhsayRPS receiver is configured to only to listen to incoming connections on port 9444 from the following IP address 192.168.60.3 which I assume is the local IP of your AhsayOBS server. Both the AhsayRPS and AhsayOBS server are connected on the same LAN?

As we are not familiar with the network configuration and routing on your site, I would suggest you try reconfiguring the replication receiver to listen to all IP addresses on port 9444. Then verify if you can telnet RPS-Server 9444 from your AhsayOBS server first.
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Support3

Postby TLITMV » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:33 am

Sure, here is the gist of our network:

OBS>sonicwall>cloud/internet<sonicwall<RPS

Everything was working before we reloaded the RPS and the configs have not changed since then. 60.3 is the static IP address of the RPS, is that setting restricting traffic only from 60.3? OBS and RPS are on different LANS.

EDIT - I changed RPS to listen on all IP ports instead of just 60.3 and will update with any changes to the connection.
TLITMV

Postby Support3 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Hello,

if I understand you correctly your AhsayOBS and AhsayRPS servers are located on two different sites and the replication traffic is sent via the internet connection.

If this is correct then you should be using:

1. External IP address for the replication server setting on your AhsayOBS server under [Manage System]>[Replication Config]>[Target Host].
2. The RPS server should be listening to incoming connections either from all addresses 0.0.0.0 or the external IP address of your AhsayOBS server.
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Support3

Postby TLITMV » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:28 am

I've corrected the Bind to address to be 0.0.0.0 and restarted the replication options and there is no difference in the logs. If anything, the telnet connection fails faster then before. I can not connect via telnet.

Here is the replication log from the RPS:
No. Timestamp Message
1 03:22:31 PM [End] Replication
2 03:26:48 PM [tlit][RecvHdlr.PMode.MTH][2014/12/12 15:26:48] Error=[redacted][RecvHdlr.PMode.MTH][2014/12/12 15:26:48] [RequestHandler.run] Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?
3 03:26:48 PM Received 0 byte in 0 sec (0 byte/sec)
4 03:28:00 PM [tlit][RecvHdlr.PMode.MTH][2014/12/12 15:28:00] Error=[redacted][RecvHdlr.PMode.MTH][2014/12/12 15:28:00][RequestHandler.run] Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?
5 03:28:00 PM Received 0 byte in 0 sec (0 byte/sec)
TLITMV

Postby TLITMV » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:47 am

So I've advanced along in the connection process, I think. I can telnet to the RPS, but all it does is appear to hang. I have had the session open for a few minutes and have yet to be prompted for a username or password.
TLITMV

Postby Support3 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:34 pm

Hello,

It sounds like you have resolved the basic networking issues between your AhsayOBS and AhsayRPS servers.

The next step is to go your AhsayOBS web console under [Manage System]>[Replication Config] and re-enabled the replication for the receiver.
Support3

Return to AhsayRPS