Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

No Users after Conversion [Solved]

Discuss technical questions on AhsayRPS

Moderator: Support Team

No Users after Conversion [Solved]

Postby AdamRA4 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:08 am

I converted an RPS to an OBS. Settings came back up but I have no users. I followed the RPS admin guide but step 4 was a little different:
"Copy the USER_HOMES, i.e. copy D:\RepHome\files\E%3A\Users to E:\Users, D:\RepHome\files\F%3A\Users to F:\Users and D:\RepHome\files\E%3A\System to E:\System. "
My path had a J%3A instead of E%3A. I still did what it said regardless but with the amount of data I had, I could not copy it from where it was at so I just used the path of where it was at (Ex: R:\BackupService\files\J%3A\RepBackupUserHome). I also tried to rename the J%3A folder to home to see if that made a difference and it did not. Between changes I restarted the services and the server after each change to make sure it takes. I can see each user with all the correct folders (files, db, etc). I gave the folder full permissions to Everyone. I am able to open it on the server just fine and navigate to multiple folders.

Any advice?
AdamRA4

Re: No Users after Conversion

Postby Richard Au » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:12 pm

Hello,

To help us looking into this issue, can you please contact our support to verify on your setup? Please submit your case through our ticket system at https://ahsay.com/jsp/en/contact/kbQuestion.jsp
Richard Au
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Richard Au

Re: No Users after Conversion

Postby AdamRA4 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:15 pm

I was finally able to get back all users by doing the following: I deleted my MKLink and recreated it using a shorter path and without the J%3A (renamed that to home). I ran the command:
Code: Select all
MKLINK /D "C:\UserHome" "E:\BackupSystem\files\home\BackupSystem"

I then linked the new path C:\UserHome as the new User Home. Apparently, Ahsay doesnt link Mapped Network Drives as a User Storage Location. I then performed a Rebuild User Storage (for the indexes). Hope this helps someone!
AdamRA4

Return to AhsayRPS