Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Ahsay ACB on OS/X Yosemite???

Discuss technical questions on AhsayACB

Moderator: Support Team

Ahsay ACB on OS/X Yosemite???

Postby CNW » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:54 am

Hi folks,

We've several customers running ACB on machines that have recently upgraded to Yosemite. The backups stopped running as scheduled following the Yosemite upgrade. I've re-installed the latest ACB (6.19.0.0) client and JAVA to these machines, but still the scheduled backups are failing to start. If I manually trigger the backups they work fine. Can you confirm the ACB Mac software is compatible with Yosemite?

Many thanks,

Jon.
CNW

Re: Ahsay ACB on OS/X Yosemite???

Postby Support3 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:37 pm

Hello Jon,

At the moment MAC OS X 10.10 Yosemite is not officially supported but are currently working on official support in the near future.

The problem you mentioned about the scheduled backups failing to start is because after installation of AhsayOBM/AhsayACB both the auto upgrade and scheduler service are not able to startup. This is due to changes in MAC OS X 10.10 where the "SystemStarter" command is no longer supported.

You can use the temporary workaround to resolve the schedule backup problem by manually restarting the AhsayACB scheduler service.

1. Open a Terminal
2. Run the command -> sudo /Applications/AhsayACB/bin/Scheduler.sh
3. Run the command -> sudo /Applications/AhsayACB/aua/bin/startup.sh (to start the auto upgrade service)

This will have to be done every time you make a fresh installation of AhsayOBM/AhsayACB or when you reboot the Mac OS X machine.
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Support3

Postby CNW » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:50 pm

Many thanks, starting the scheduler as per your command has got things running again. :D

Do you have any estimate as to when a Yosemite supported implementation of ACB will be available?

Cheers,

Jon.
CNW

Postby Support3 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:50 pm

Hello Jon,

Sorry, I am unable to provide you with an exact release date at this moment.

Please subscribe to our RRS feed to get notifications of our product releases http://www.ahsay.com/rss/technical-updates.rss
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Support3

Postby CNW » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:19 pm

Thanks for the info on the RSS feed.

Whilst we wait for a Yosemite compliant version of Ahsay ACB, can you advise if it is possible to automate the starting of the scheduler command? Is this something automator or launchd can be used for?

Many thanks,

Jon.
CNW

Postby PG » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:09 am

Can you not just use cron?

/Applications/Ahsay OBM/bin/RunBackupSet.sh "backupsetname"
PG

Postby CNW » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:49 am

Nice one Mr. PG, that seems to be working fine!

Many thanks,

Jono.
CNW

Postby PG » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Interesting.. when I tried it on one it didn't work, may have to re-visit it
PG

Postby CNW » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:52 pm

Good afternoon Mr. PG,

After further testing - it works for my test Mac, but only as long as I'm logged in. I'm using LAUNCHD to run this and have tried moving it over to a Daemon process, but it still doesn't trigger if the user is logged out. I need to do some more research (I don't know LaunchD). I'm also going back to log a call directly with Ahsay tech support, as the situation isn't really acceptable. If Ahsay support Macs, then they should support Yosemite! Customer now has 6 of their Macs running Yosemite and are paying for Ahsay backup on all of them - it's working on none of them as a scheduled job.

Jon.
CNW

Postby PG » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:27 am

I have a 10.10 VM im running and for some reason the scheduler service seems to run as normal and survive reboots.

I manually re-issued the scheduler install and startup and it seems to stay running, (after 3 days and several reboots)

Ahsay usually aims to support new versions of OS's within 6 months of the official release. I too had a look at writing my own launchd .plist but couldn'nt figure it out
PG

Postby backithere » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:08 pm

Is there any updates to this? As we have more people moving to MAC, this is becoming a problem.
backithere

Postby Support3 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:17 pm

Hello,

Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite will be officially supported in the next official version v6.23.0.0 which is scheduled for release next week.
Support3

Postby Support3 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:29 am

Hello.

v6.23.0.0 has been released which fully supports Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, to upgrade your AhsayOBM/AhsayACB to v6.23.0.0, please refer to the steps in our KB article https://forum.ahsay.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9774

Alternatively, you can download the latest AhsayOBM/AhsayACB v6.23.0.0 installers from our website:

• (AhsayOBM) ahsay-dn.ahsay.com/current/obm-mac.zip
  • (AhsayACB) ahsay-dn.ahsay.com/current/acb-mac.zip
Please refer to our release notes for full list of fixes and enhancements in v6.23.0.0 http://www.ahsay.com/download/customer/ ... -notes.htm

The Customization Portal supports the digital signing of AhsayOBM/AhsayACB installer packages for Mac OS X. For details steps on digital signing of Mac OS X AhsayOBM/AhsayACB installer packages, please refer to Chapter 5.5 of our Ahsay Customization Portal User's Guide https://forum.ahsay.com/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=9777
Support3

Postby dbehrman@arienne.com » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:42 pm

We updated OBSR to 6.23.2.0 and upgraded one of the Mac clients running Yosemite to the new version as well. The scheduled backup did not run on the Mac. I verified the schedule is properly configured on the client. Do you have any suggestions?
dbehrman@arienne.com

Postby Support3 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:17 am

Hello,

To troubleshoot scheduled backup issues, you first need to look at the AhsayOBM/AhsayACB scheduler logs (debug.log)for clues.

On Mac OS X you can locate the debug.log files in the:

i. For AhsayACB /users/{%username%}/.acb/log/Scheduler folder.
ii. For AhsayOBM /users/{%username%}/.obm/log/Scheduler folder.

The AhsayOBM/AhsayACB scheduler logs are updated every minute on a Mac OS X machine, please check for any errors or warnings at or around the time that your backup is scheduled to start each day.
Support3

Next

Return to AhsayACB