Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Local settings for ACB

Discuss technical questions on AhsayACB

Moderator: Support Team

Local settings for ACB

Postby faldoroc » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:56 pm

Howdy,
I run a remote-access agent on the clients i run ACB and I can install the ACB-clients just fine with the /silent command.

Now i'm trying to preset the backup-server-address so that all the user has to do is enter the login information but i can't seem to find the local setings-files.
All i can find is the ....\.acb\config\-files in the user directory but that don't seem to be editable.

Any help would be geatfull.
Cheers!
faldoroc

Postby PG » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:53 am

Not possible unless you have a pre-created \.acb\config\profile.sys file you would need to create this on another machine, have it copied to this location as a post-install command, but this would mean a 'customised installer' for each user, not really suitable.

Another option is if you embed a 'wget' executable and a web URL to download the profile from post-install but then again that would require additional variables, not to mention a significant risk to security.

If this is on a LAN (say domain arrangement) then it would not be so hard to do with a post command using system variables
PG

Postby faldoroc » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Thanx PG, while waiting for a reply i wrote a program that actually does exactly what you suggested, somewhat automaticly.

The app is composed of a management tool that you can run on any computer and a server-app (on the Ahsay server) that recieves the info and generates the config.sys file.
I then alteted the ACB-installation so that, prior to installing, it downloads the config.sys-file corresponding to the computername.

If this is something anyone would be interested in doing, i'm willing to publish the solution in more detail.

Cheers
faldoroc

Return to AhsayACB