Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

change default client configuration on ahsay ACB

Discuss technical questions on AhsayACB

Moderator: Support Team

change default client configuration on ahsay ACB

Postby jlevecque » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Hi,

I migrate a Ahsay ACB server from server A to server B.
On client side the default configuration is set with the master the clients have Server A as default backup server.
For the moment, I've just create an DNS alias to redirect Server A to Server B, but is not acceptable.
How can I change automaticaly the default backup server on clients computers? I found a custom.xml file in C:\Program Files\AhsayACB but if I change the default backup server in this file and restart all ahsay services, the modifications are not set on client computer (the connection is always to Server A).
We use Landesk to make our mass deployment so I can make this change by script or other on all computer.

Thanks for help
Best regards
Julien
jlevecque

Postby xzbackup » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:58 pm

Once a user has logged into the software for the first time, there is a local profile generated and located in %USERPROFILE%\.acb\config\

This file is what contains the user's local profile information, and also contains the current backup server URL.

Because this file always stores the current backup server URL, you must completely remove the local profile for the software to revert back to the URL located in the custom.xml file.

Your script can simply run a delete of the directory "%USERPROFILE%\.acb\config" or "%USERPROFILE%\.obm\config" with the software closed and restart the Online Backup Scheduler service.

We sometimes have customers that have an issue such as this, because they used the demo from our website which is a different domain/server, and now want to use the live software on the same machine.

Most of the time they just try reinstalling the software on top of the previous version, and that is enough for updating the branding or upgrading the software but it does NOT remove the profile during the previous version uninstall process.

If you do a manual uninstall of the OBM/ACB software it will ask if you want to 'Remove User Settings' which will remove the local profile information.

Please Note: If you have the encryption settings stored on this machine and are not 100% certain of the keys used, it can cause issues if you do not enter the same information once the software prompts for it again after re-login.

Postby jlevecque » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:32 am

Thanks a lot, i Will try on monday
jlevecque

Postby jlevecque » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:54 pm

Thanks it's working fine !
jlevecque

Return to AhsayACB