Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Help me install OBS on Thecus N4200Pro (unsupported)

Discuss any other technical questions here

Moderator: Support Team

Help me install OBS on Thecus N4200Pro (unsupported)

Postby Tipsmark » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:15 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to install OBS on a Thecus N4200Pro - I am aware it's not supported however I want to try anyway because the success or failure of being able to make OBS run on this device decides if we go with Ahsay or not.

Anyway I've got the latest firmware on the N4200Pro and I've downloaded the latest version of NCU.

I've installed SYSUSER and SSHD and I am able to log in as 'sys' - however when I try installing OBS via NCU I cannot specify a user, only a password.

I've used the same password for both the ssh user 'sys' and the web login user 'admin'. However it's not the default password.

Any ideas? All I get from NCU is 'SSH Login Failed! Please make sure: 1) The NAS device is powered on. 2) SSH Service is enabled. 3) The IP address and SSH password are typed correctly.'

Both are of course typed correctly. I've tried the manual settings for N4200 and for N4100Pro (N4200Pro is not listed of course as it's not supported).

HELP! :)
Tipsmark

Postby Tipsmark » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:49 pm

No one? really?
Tipsmark

Postby Alex » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:13 pm

See if this works. I've manually installed OBS on my Thecus and QNAP NAS!

- ssh root login your N4200 PRO and mkdir '/raid/data/module/obsr'
- extract 'obsr-ncu-mac.zip\NCU.app\Contents\ncu-framework' to a temp folder (e.g. C:\tmp\ncu-framework)
- upload 'ncu-framework\nas\thecus\n4200\*' to '/raid/data/module/obsr'
- upload and rename the following files from 'ncu-framework\core\' folder to '/raid/data/module/obsr/'
original filename (renamed filename)
jrte-emb-linux-x86-generic.tar.gz (jrte-framework.tar.gz)
jre-emb-linux-x86-generic.tar.gz (jvm-platform.tar.gz)
tomcat60.tar.gz (tomcat.tar.gz)
obsr-linux-x86.tar.gz (obsr-platform.tar.gz)
obsr-common.tar.gz (no need to rename)
- at ssh terminal, issue the following command:
cd /raid/data/module/obsr
chmod -R 755 ./*
./ncu-framework.sh --install
- i've also removed the tar balls aferwards to save some space for my backup data
Alex

Postby Tipsmark » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Great guide - will try it out asap.

Any idea how to run OBM on a NAS as well?
Tipsmark

Postby Support3 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:46 am

Unfortunately, you cannot install AhsayOBM directly onto a NAS device. With the current version of our product, only AhsayOBSR can be installed onto a NAS device.

For backup on NAS device, you may need to install the AhsayOBM application onto a physical machine, connect the corresponding machine to the NAS device as a network drive, and configure AhsayOBM to perform backup on the network resource.

Thanks.
Support3

Regarding OBS installation on QNAP TS-239 PRO II

Postby AECSYS01 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi there,

Can someone please help me installing OBS on QNAP TS-239 PRO II as Ahsay support is saying only Pro is supported not Pro II or Pro II+. I have already put the NAS box on considering OBS can be installed using NCU.

Please help me if any backdoor is available.
:(
AECSYS01

Making NCU work on other models

Postby iljac » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:26 pm

Hi.

This is how NCU checks the QNAP edition

getcfg "System" "Model" -f "/etc/config/uLinux.conf" | egrep -c "^TS-439$"

In other words - log on to the console of the QNAP - edit the file /etc/config/uLinux.conf change TS-439PROII+ to TS-439 and save the file...

This makes the installer work.

There is no guarantee that obsr will actually work on your box, but now it can be installed
iljac

Return to Others