Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

NAS Devices

Discuss any other technical questions here

Moderator: Support Team

NAS Devices

Postby raytaylor » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:31 pm

I have seen in a demo video that ahsay has a version of OBS that can be installed on a NAS device.

Is it possible to get a version of ACB to install on a NAS device instead? Or do I understand this wrong.

I have OBS running on a central windows server, but many of our clients use NAS devices as workgroup file servers. We would like to backup these client NAS devices (mostly qnap) to our central server that runs OBS on windows server 2008r2 in the data centre.
raytaylor

Postby PG » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:32 am

Ahsay NCU dropped support long ago, you can still download it, but don;t expect it to work on much hardsare
PG

Yes and no :)

Postby zimondo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:00 am

Hi,

The easy answer is no, the correct answer is yes.

What you can do, is get a Intel based Qnap nas (exampel), install eg. Debian or Windows on it, do software based raid sets and then install it like a normal server.

//Leon
zimondo

Re: Yes and no :)

Postby MortenW » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:44 am

zimondo wrote:Hi,

The easy answer is no, the correct answer is yes.

What you can do, is get a Intel based Qnap nas (exampel), install eg. Debian or Windows on it, do software based raid sets and then install it like a normal server.

//Leon

Sounds very interesting. :-)
MortenW

Postby eTiTUS » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:14 am

What make NAS are you running?
eTiTUS

Postby Scherring » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:41 am

First all of AhsayACB doesn't support Linux, if you want to try this, you must use AhsayOBM instead.

To get this done, you probably need a good understanding of the QPKG framework of QNAP. If you do, you should be able to install AhsayOBM on QNAP as QPKG package just as you would install AhsayOBM on Linux. I can't tell more as I am no expert on this.
Scherring Chong
Founder & Vice Chairman
Ahsay Backup
Scherring

Return to Others