Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Compatibility with QNAP TS-469L NAS

Discuss any other technical questions here

Moderator: Support Team

Compatibility with QNAP TS-469L NAS

Postby MortenW » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:41 am

Hi,

Is possible to install Ahsay OBS on my QNAP device ?
If yes, are there any guides for it out there?

It is Intel chipset bases, and have a Intel Atom processor.

Please help.

Best regards
Morten
MortenW

Postby PG » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:45 pm

Should be a walk in the park.

I almost got OBM to work on a Marvell based qnap, but I couldnt find any good Java Binaries that would do the job. I think you just need to modify the install script with a couple of key locations that are specific to the qnap
PG

Postby MortenW » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:04 pm

PG wrote:Should be a walk in the park.

I almost got OBM to work on a Marvell based qnap, but I couldnt find any good Java Binaries that would do the job. I think you just need to modify the install script with a couple of key locations that are specific to the qnap

Hi PG,

Mine is a intel atom bases qnap, but I have not tried yet, because im afraid im gonna kill the OS on the qnap. That's why im searching for at more or less complete how-to guide. I just whant to be pointed in the right direction. :-)

Regards
Morten
MortenW

Postby PG » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:03 am

Just get the linux OBSR installer, dump it on a shared folder on the NAS

modify the server.xml and change the ports to some not already in use by the qnap

Navigate to it in the terminal, go into the /bin folder and issue ./install.sh

See what errors present.

I don't think you will be as risk of damaging the qnap.. I believe the only thing you may need to do is modify the install.sh script on what location to put the init scripts etc
PG

Return to Others