Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Retention Policy issues

Discuss technical questions on AhsayOBS

Moderator: Support Team

Retention Policy issues

Postby support@aveyotech » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:53 am

So we are trying to get our Retention Policy working correctly. Right now we have a "Daily Files" backup schedule that is set as Weekly, backing up Monday-Friday at 18:00, set to stop after 12 hours. The Retention Policy is configured as follows: "28 Daily" Keeping 28 snapshots daily, "3 Monthly" keeping 3 snapshots running first Monday, "3 Quarterly" keeping 3 snapshots running first Monday in Feb, May, Aug, and Nov, and finally "2 Yearly" keeping 2 snapshots first Monday in January. The "Remove retention files for overlap policy" is checked.

The problem we are having is that we dont have all those dates that are specified to restore from. In Restore, right now, I see all the days from February 2016, January 4th 2016, and January 5th 2015. I am not seeing any of the Quarterly backups or any of the "3 Monthly" that I should be seeing. Is my retention policy deleting other dates? In my eyes this is a correct way to have it set up but obviously I have something wrong.
support@aveyotech

Return to AhsayOBS