Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Replacement of OBS server

Discuss technical questions on AhsayOBS

Moderator: Support Team

Replacement of OBS server

Postby marspd » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:03 pm

Hi there
I have OBS v6 running the latest version and I want to replace the server with a new one. The backup data is stored on both the server and an external NAS box.

Is there any guidance anywhere telling me how to perform the migration to the new hardware server? I will be keeping the existing NAS box.

I was thinking something along these lines.

1. Install the v6 software on the new server but don't start the services, ensure all install folders are the same as the old server.
2. Stop all services on the old server.
3. Copy the folders/files from the old server to the new server to the same locations.
4. Ensure the NAS box is accessible to the new server with the same access details as the old.
5. Shut the old server down and remove from network.
6. Change the public IP address on the new server to the IP address from the old server.
7. Start the services on the new server

Would this work? Also bear in mind that I have an SSL certificate installed which I may need to move/install on the new server.

Regards
Paul
Best regards

Paul marsden
marspd

Return to AhsayOBS