Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Restore problem with CIFS folder

Discuss issues about AhsayOBM's File / General backup and restore

Moderator: Support Team

Restore problem with CIFS folder

Postby lej333 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi,

We're using Ahsay OBM in combination with Ahsay CBS. All data will be backedup to a CIFS folder (shared) outside our network (Unified Managed Storage). This will be attached with second networkcard, this works very well. But when i want to restore a file or folder, the system trows the following error each time:
Failed to initialize RemoteBDB.Cloud. The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to

What's happening there?
Some extra information: before the backop jobs executes, a command line script to start NET USE command

Kind regards,
Jelle
lej333

Re: Restore problem with CIFS folder

Postby Richard Au » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:37 am

Hi Jelle,

To help us looking into this restore issue, could you please contact our support to verify on this? Please submit your case through our ticket system at https://www.ahsay.com/partners/en/home/ ... rt_tickets
Richard Au
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Richard Au

Postby lej333 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:28 pm

I found out this was caused by mapped Network Drive which was disconnected but still logged in. I tried to remap the Network Drive and got the same message as in Ahsay OBM. On other servers where there are no mapped Network Drives to that storage, the restores will success. I need to reboot the servers with this issue, then it will resolve.

The scheduled backups will be run as local system account, and the restores as the logged user who uses Ahsay OBM client. This is why the scheduled backups will succeed on the servers with this issue. Maybe an idea to add possibility to run restores as same user as the scheduled backups to bypass this issue?
lej333

Postby Richard Au » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi Jelle,

Would you please submit a ticket for this issue with your findings? Our support engineer will help to identify the root cause and provide you with appropriate solution.
Richard Au
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Richard Au

Return to File / General