Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Large amount of Small Files

Discuss issues about AhsayOBM's File / General backup and restore

Moderator: Support Team

Large amount of Small Files

Postby dmburgess » Sun May 05, 2019 10:29 pm

I have a share that is accessed quite a bit by my web servers, however, the amount and qty of files is huge. I have folders from 0-F, HEX and I have created 7 jobs, each job takes 2 folders. The issue is that one job runs, then another and then another, not one after another, they run on top of each other taking DISK cycles. Each folder has about 400k files in it and it takes about 8-10 hours for the jobs to complete. They all complete usually within a 2 hour window around 9-10am.

Is there a better method to get these jobs done? Most of the the jobs are deleting around 125 files, updating 6-10 files and adding around 250 new files (we are talking less than 30meg) but the jobs still are running looking for new files.

Is there a check box that i can tell each job to run till completion then start the next one? i.e. that way my disks are not trashing about? Thoughts? suggestions?
dmburgess

Re: Large amount of Small Files

Postby manto.lee » Tue May 07, 2019 10:34 am

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry.

For your case, we would like to review your backup log file first before concluding the case. Indeed, the disk condition (require defragment) could affect the backup / restore speed.

So, please kindly file a support ticket via our partner portal on https://www.ahsay.com/partners - our support engineer would assist you once reviewed your case.
Manto Lee
Ahsay Forum Support Team
manto.lee

Return to File / General