Partner Portal

Discussion Forum

Retention Period

Discuss issues about AhsayOBM's File / General backup and restore

Moderator: Support Team

Re: Retention Period

Postby manto.lee » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:16 am

jonny81 wrote:Hi Support,

Just a quick question. I have checked and all shows that the Retention job have been set. But, it doesn't look like its working.

I need to know how to manually ran this job?

We are running out of disk space, because of the fact that this job isn't running correctly.

Looking forward in hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Jonny

Jonny,

There are several causes that might result to your description.

- The in-file delta type of a backupset > Incremental Delta wouldn't be affected by retention policy due to the requirement of sustaining delta chain (Full File + Incremental Delta 1 ... 2 ... 3)

For v7/8, the retention policy routine job has been switched from server side to client (OBM/ACB). As long as you have ticked the checkbox of "Run Retention Policy after backup" in the backup schedule setting, the retention clean up would run by the end of the backup.

As you've mentioned that the retention policy is not running, you should check from the backup logs to see if that met the criteria above.

Should you require further assistance in troubleshooting the issue, please raise a support ticket from our Partner Portal @ https://www.ahsay.com/partners

THank you.
Manto Lee
Ahsay Forum Support Team
manto.lee

Postby danielgrant007 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:37 am

Thanks to all of my colleagues. I was also facing the same problem and with your help, I have solved the issue. Its amazing site.
US Travelers planning to visit Sri Lanka can check mandatory information required for applying Sri Lanka Visa for US citizens here.
danielgrant007

Postby manto.lee » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:37 am

Hi jonny81,

For CBSv7/v8, the retention policy can be manually ran from OBM / ACB > Utilities > Space Freeing Up.
For OBSv6, the policy can only be ran on server by routine job.

If you have further question, you can raise your case through our partner portal at https://www.ahsay.com/partners

Thank you.
Manto Lee
Ahsay Forum Support Team
manto.lee

Previous

Return to File / General