Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

7.13.0.0 update thread

Discuss technical questions on AhsayCBS release

Moderator: Support Team

7.13.0.0 update thread

Postby Clorith » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:28 pm

As has become customary, there's been some hiccups with the latest update in the v7 branch.
In light of this, I think we should start by introducing a master thread for every major CBS release (major in this sense would be the secondary version number, I classify 7 as the branch and 13 as the version for Ahsay releases).

The master thread should contain issues experienced, is it replicable by other customers, does it have a ticket, and a description of the problem at hand. Once an issue has been resolved, it should be easily noticeable.

Here's our initial issue, with an example format for easy overview/readability (the resolved section will be color coded based on resolved / unresolved).

---

Can't connect to backup server
Replicable: Yes | Has ticket: Yes | Resolved: Yes

Issue
After upgrading to 7.13.0.0, clients running the latest version of the backup client (also 7.13.0.0) are unable to connect to the backup server.
Ahsay support has confirmed multiple customers are experiencing the same issue, ticket has been escalated.

Resolution
Install 7.13.0.2
Last edited by Clorith on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clorith

Re: 7.13.0.0 update thread

Postby JoostHillen » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:26 pm

Thank you, this thread was just what I was looking for, I was about to update this afternoon.
JoostHillen

Postby microland » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:59 am

Clorith wrote:As has become customary, there's been some hiccups with the latest update in the v7 branch.
In light of this, I think we should start by introducing a master thread for every major CBS release (major in this sense would be the secondary version number, I classify 7 as the branch and 13 as the version for Ahsay releases).

The master thread should contain issues experienced, is it replicable by other customers, does it have a ticket, and a description of the problem at hand. Once an issue has been resolved, it should be easily noticeable.

Here's our initial issue, with an example format for easy overview/readability (the resolved section will be color coded based on resolved / unresolved).

---

Replicable: Yes | Has ticket: Yes | Resolved: No

Issue
After upgrading to 7.13.0.0, clients running the latest version of the backup client (also 7.13.0.0) are unable to connect to the backup server.
Ahsay support has confirmed multiple customers are experiencing the same issue, ticket has been escalated.

Resolution
Pending...

We unfortunately are one of them. We are completely down after upgrading from 7.11 to 7.13.

What happens is the program files\remote backup suite\conf\users.xml.temp file keep writing hundreds of times a second. This causes extremely high CPU utilization and prevents the clients from connecting. Why is this file being written to so many times? I do not know. I have opened a ticket and emailed support but I haven't heard anything back. I realize it's the weekend in China but this is an emergency here in the USA.

DO NOT UPGRADE to 7.13.0.0
microland

Postby Freezit » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:56 am

We're in the same boat, unfortunately. We updated because of several listed bugfixes, which applied to us. Bad move.

Do not upgrade to 7.13.0.0 as of yet!

microland wrote:
Clorith wrote:As has become customary, there's been some hiccups with the latest update in the v7 branch.

---

Replicable: Yes | Has ticket: Yes | Resolved: No

Issue

Resolution
Pending...

We unfortunately are one of them. We are completely down after upgrading from 7.11 to 7.13.

What happens is the program files\remote backup suite\conf\users.xml.temp file keep writing hundreds of times a second. This causes extremely high CPU utilization and prevents the clients from connecting. Why is this file being written to so many times? I do not know. I have opened a ticket and emailed support but I haven't heard anything back. I realize it's the weekend in China but this is an emergency here in the USA.

DO NOT UPGRADE to 7.13.0.0
Freezit

Postby Support3 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:04 pm

Our developers are aware of this issue and they have already release an official hotfix for this issue v7.13.0.2

Please refer to the following KB articles for upgrade instructions:

FAQ: How to install the latest patch set for AhsayUBS version 7? (5237)
https://forum.ahsay.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=16658

FAQ: How to install the latest patch set for AhsayCBS? (5145
) https://forum.ahsay.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=14654

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Support3

Postby AdamRA4 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:10 am

Would be curious to know how everyone does after the 7.13.0.2 patch is applied and if 7.13 is stable enough after that. I am very interested in Granular VM restore. Thanks and keep up posted!
AdamRA4

Postby ANSOCF » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:01 am

It seems like a granular restore license needs to be purchased per VM?

Currently I show it at $220 MSRP per VM though my hyper-v or VMWare individual is only $23.10 per VM.

The pricing doesn't make much sense to me in that to gain Granular restore functionality it costs 952% more than licensing my VM to be backed up.
ANSOCF

Postby Support3 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:42 am

ANSOCF wrote:It seems like a granular restore license needs to be purchased per VM?

Currently I show it at $220 MSRP per VM though my hyper-v or VMWare individual is only $23.10 per VM.

The pricing doesn't make much sense to me in that to gain Granular restore functionality it costs 952% more than licensing my VM to be backed up.

The Granular Restore license modules are purchased on a per backup set basis.

There are no restrictions on the number of guest VMs within the backup set.
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Support3

Postby Support3 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:21 pm

Support3 wrote:
ANSOCF wrote:It seems like a granular restore license needs to be purchased per VM?

The Granular Restore license modules are purchased on a per backup set basis.

There are no restrictions on the number of guest VMs within the backup set.

You may be interested in our upcoming VMware ESXi and vCenter Data Recovery Webinar, which covers both Run Direct and Granular Restore.

Date: Thu, Aug 3, 2017 11:00 PM - Fri, Aug 4, 2017 12:15 AM CST

Please click on this link to register https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6233569407118320387?entry=edm
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Support3

Postby JoostHillen » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Please keep this thread on-topic.
JoostHillen

Postby Clorith » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:32 pm

AdamRA4 wrote:Would be curious to know how everyone does after the 7.13.0.2 patch is applied and if 7.13 is stable enough after that. I am very interested in Granular VM restore. Thanks and keep up posted!

Running 7.13.0.2 now, it at least resolves the internal "DoS" preventing clients from running backups, so things are at least running. Have not discovered any other major issues at this time.
Clorith

Postby jblancet » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:44 pm

Would like ot see if anyone else is in the same boat.

We are experiencing SEVERE index issues with 7.13.0.2

The post-job retention operation of almost every account are ending with an error:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding this critical error message "http code: 412, Precondition Failedn, caused by [n] Precondition Failed""
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With this, we've also notice that almost no older accounts (ones created before 7.11) can be EXPORTED without the following type of error:

---
Backup Set system (1461767761543) of User <account>
has not yet finished data migration.
Please wait until the migration finished
---

Ahsay is somewhat aware, and It would appear that accounts are stuck in some kind of "migration". While Ahsay says this is related to v6 accounts that were migrated, nearly all of our accounts are v7-only. So that is not a true statement.

One way we have found to eliminate the error in the log, for the meantime, is to turn off "Run Retention Policy After Backup".

We are now creating new accounts, to see if this issue can be worked around that way.

So much for good data retention, and costs savings. The man-hours spent fixing these issues is pretty significant.
jblancet

Postby Hacsnet » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:25 am

jblancet wrote:Would like ot see if anyone else is in the same boat.

The post-job retention operation of almost every account are ending with an error:

Regarding this critical error message "http code: 412, Precondition Failedn, caused by [n] Precondition Failed""

With this, we've also notice that almost no older accounts (ones created before 7.11) can be EXPORTED without the following type of error:

---
---

Ahsay is somewhat aware, and It would appear that accounts are stuck in some kind of "migration". While Ahsay says this is related to v6 accounts that were migrated, nearly all of our accounts are v7-only. So that is not a true statement.

One way we have found to eliminate the error in the log, for the meantime, is to turn off "Run Retention Policy After Backup".

We are now creating new accounts, to see if this issue can be worked around that way.

So much for good data retention, and costs savings. The man-hours spent fixing these issues is pretty significant.

Hello, we have the same error.
The problelm is that many of our users are from v6.
Now i am changing all the schedules to stop the retention policy after backup.
Lets hope Ahsay will fix that error soon.
Hacsnet

Postby JasonEde » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:54 pm

I get impression that there are several 'severe' bugs with 7.13.0.0 and 7.13.0.2 that can prevent backups from running or at the very least completely successfully and these center around migrating data. Has anyone found either of these versions to be stable for them?
JasonEde

Postby FireLite » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:41 pm

jblancet wrote:Would like ot see if anyone else is in the same boat.

---
---

We have the same problem, disabling retention policies for now until Ahsay fix this problem.

/FireLite
FireLite

Next

Return to AhsayCBS v7