Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

v6>7 Data Migration progress

Discuss technical questions on AhsayCBS release

Moderator: Support Team

v6>7 Data Migration progress

Postby cragileict » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:40 pm

We performed the upgrade from v6>v7 a couple of months ago and it looks like the data migrations are still occurring now. Is there any way to check which clients have and haven't been upgraded, and the progress of the data migration jobs?

Backing up to non migrated data sets causes lots of backup errors such as:

Type LD does not exist when running retention
Unable to delete old backup sets during retention
Unable to run data integrity checks
Unable to run data cleanup from client

The only place I have been able to see data migration progress so far is from Administration Log > Activities Log however all you get is:

[Job][MigrateV6File][Migrate v6 data] Migrating file 'H:\BACKUP\files\1417007679228\Current\0x2b\0x93\0xc5\0x9e\2722848906', size = 1566106

I can't see how many files are left to migrate for this customer, how many customers are left to migrate, ETA for the migration to complete...e.g I have no visibility into what the system is doing.

Any solutions please?
cragileict

Re: v6>7 Data Migration progress

Postby Richard Au » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:13 pm

Hello,

Do you have a ticket submitted for this issue? Can you please contact our support to verify on this? Please submit your case through our ticket system at https://ahsay.com/jsp/en/contact/kbQuestion.jsp
Richard Au
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Richard Au

Postby cragileict » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:51 am

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply - no I haven't logged a ticket for this as it's more of a "How do I" rather than "this is broken". Is there a way to view progress of migration jobs?

If I have to log a ticket then fine, just thought someone in the community might have run into the same issue as I have.

Thanks
cragileict

Postby Richard Au » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:42 pm

Hello,

In current release, the data migration process is only showed under Administration Log > Activities Log on CBS console. However, we already have an enhancement request for showing the migration status in dashboard.

The task ID is TMS# 15102.

To get our latest product and company news through email, please subscribe to our mailing list:
http://www.ahsay.com/jsp/en/home/subscr ... l_list.jsp

By the way, please kindly submit a ticket to our support if you have further questions regarding data migration.
Richard Au
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Richard Au

Postby bserebin » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:54 pm

Over 15 months later (as of April 12, 2018) and running latest version 7.15.4.10, this enhancement showing the data migration is NOT in place. It would be very helpful.

The Web UI for activities log is pretty worthless. I view the migration status in the log file under your AhsayCBS\logs folder. I can tell based on the size, how hard it's working.
bserebin

Postby ANSOCF » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:55 am

I second a dashboard for migrations from v6 to v7.

With over 500 backup sets and 6 OBS servers carefully tracking progress is a big deal for us being able to move old 6.29 servers to v7.
ANSOCF

Return to AhsayCBS v7