Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

FreeNAS and degradation

Discuss technical questions on AhsayCBS release

Moderator: Support Team

FreeNAS and degradation

Postby backithere » Sun May 20, 2018 9:58 am

Hi. I'm running 2 FreeNas units for my storage boxes, and since moving to ver 7 from ver 6, within 2 weeks, both boxes go into a degraded state. Hard drives check out, no physical errors. The 2nd box is brand new, so really don't think it's hardware. Has anyone else had this issue? Running about 120 client backups throughout the day, load should be fine.

Thanks for any help/insight provided.
backithere

Re: FreeNAS and degradation

Postby Richard Au » Mon May 21, 2018 2:12 pm

Hi,

To help us looking into this issue, could you please contact our support to verify on this? Please submit your case through our ticket system at https://www.ahsay.com/partners/en/home/ ... rt_tickets
Richard Au
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Richard Au

Postby cdata » Sun May 27, 2018 12:45 am

We run multiple free NAS boxes 70+ TB per volume, they have been rock solid. After trying various other solutions I would not use anything else.

The data integrity they provide when properly setup has been key for eliminating a number of issues with Ahsays software. Typical RAID 5,6,10 systems are just about useless IMHO. We also made the move to using Enterprise grade SSDs for the Ahsay server install and that has also reduced random issues with client accounts.
cdata

Postby backithere » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:48 am

Thanks for the reply. What's your recommended config for FreeNas?
backithere

Return to AhsayCBS v7