Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Restart Dashboard

Discuss technical questions on AhsayCBS release

Moderator: Support Team

Restart Dashboard

Postby SkullCo » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:16 am

The upgrade from v6 to v7 has been a little bumpy, but for the most part everything is working ok. The big issue I have is with the dashboard locking up.

Some versions are better than others, but in most cases if I work in the dashboard for a while the web interface either slows to a crawl or locks up entirely, meaning I can no longer manage any backups. The only available solution is to restart the CBS service, which knocks off any backups that are in progress. I don't have a large number of clients but for network balancing purposes there is almost always a backup running, so I prefer to not disrupt them, since they then send out failure notifications and prompt calls from my clients.

Is there a way to restart just the dashboard without having to restart the entire system? Is there some fix or setting that I need to apply in order to prevent the dashboard from consistently locking up in the first place?
SkullCo

Re: Restart Dashboard

Postby Richard Au » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:06 am

Hello,

To help us looking into this issue, could you please contact our support to verify on this? Please submit your case through our ticket system at https://www.ahsay.com/partners/en/home/ ... rt_tickets
Richard Au
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Richard Au

Re: Restart Dashboard

Postby SkullCo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:27 am

FYI to anyone experiencing this issue -

It appears I was low on java heap space. Per tech support's suggestion, I increased the java heap size per the instructions below and the system is now responding as expected.

FAQ: How to modify the Java heap size of AhsayCBS?
http://wiki.ahsay.com/doku.php?id=publi ... f_ahsaycbs
SkullCo

Return to AhsayCBS v7