Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Upgrade a v6 account on CBS

Discuss technical questions on AhsayCBS release

Moderator: Support Team

Upgrade a v6 account on CBS

Postby TomMango » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:50 pm

We have CBS running.
We have a few v6 accounts on another OBS we want to bring over to CBS.

We know they will run on v7 as they are, but we want to upgrade them to v7. This is partly so we can run validation on data sets if required.

Is there a way to do this?
TomMango

Re: Upgrade a v6 account on CBS

Postby manto.lee » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:57 am

Dear,

Regarding to your upgrade enquiry, can you please contact our supports to work with you on this? Please submit your case through our partner portal at https://www.ahsay.com/partners
Manto Lee
Ahsay Forum Support Team
manto.lee

Postby housey » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi Tom

We have done this ourselves.

We copy the data to the new CBS servers user home but call the db directory db.old.

When we are ready to flip we rename the OBS db directory to db.old so the OBS stops seeing it then rename db.old to db on the CBS.

You can then go into the CBS Users, Groups > Click the Import Users button and the user appears as an option to import.

You can then enable autoupdate to update the OBM to v7 (enable data migration as well).

I expect you are using the redirector as well, we find we have to restart the redirector for the OBM to pick up its moved.

Hope that helps.

Paul
housey

Postby trub » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:13 am

housey,

see my post here: https://forum.ahsay.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=17735

I would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you, or if you would be so kind as to provide any input at all, I would greatly appreciate it.
trub

Return to AhsayCBS v7