Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

How to read log files in cgz format

Discuss technical questions on AhsayCBS release

Moderator: Support Team

How to read log files in cgz format

Postby tethis-it » Sat May 11, 2019 2:12 pm

Hello everyone!

I continously see an error backup set log where the name of the affected file is cut of. Only see half of it.
At least that's the case in the PDF-log file as retrieved from the CBS console.

So I wanted to see if the log in <userhome>/<username>/<backup-set-id>/logs would show more details.
There are e.g. those logfiles:
2019-05-10-06-00-00.log.gz.76aae.16aa12a38e0.cgz
2019-05-10-19-20-14.log.8daf2e.16aa3f347d8.cgz

How can I read those?
gunzip doesn't work, don't seem to be gz files.

Alternatively: Where can I find the complete logfiles of a server-based backup, including complete file names?
The cut-off message in the pdf log looks like this:
Code: Select all
[Fehler][Neue Datei] Datei="Office 365/Site Collections/fluviusflowcontrol.sharepoint.com/sites/100_ABWICKLUNG/All Files/Freigegebene D
[Fehler][Neue Datei] Datei="Office 365/Site Collections/fluviusflowcontrol.sharepoint.com/sites/100_ABWICKLUNG/All Files/Freigegebene D
 öffnen. 500 Internal Server Errorn at com.independentsoft.share.aV.a(Unknown Source)n at com.independentsoft.share.aV.a(Unknown
Source)n at com.independentsoft.share.aV.a(Unknown Source)n at com.independentsoft.share.aV.a(Unknown Source)n at com.independ
entsoft.share.Service.i(Unknown Source)n at com.ahsay.obx.core.backup.file.f.a(Unknown Source)n at com.ahsay.obx.core.backup.file
.J.a(Unknown Source)n at com.ahsay.obx.core.backup.file.J.run(Unknown Source)n at com.ahsay.afc.util.g$1.run(Unknown Source)n
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)n at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worke
r.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)n at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)n"
tethis-it

Re: How to read log files in cgz format

Postby Jayden Au » Tue May 14, 2019 2:06 pm

Hi,

The .cgz file is the User backup job information, it do not include the detail of backup process. If you would like to check the full backup message from log file, you can access the below path and check the backup log file from CBS server or OBM / ACB client machine.

-If the backup job is running of OBM client machine:
(Windows OS)
%UserProfile%\.obm\log\${backupset_id}\Backup
For Example:
C:\Users\Administrator\.obm\log\1449711651766\Backup

(Mac OS)
~/.obm/log/${backupset_id}/Backup
For example:
/Users/administrator/.obm/log/1449711651767/Backup

(Linux OS)
~/.obm/log/${backupset_id}/Backup
For example:
/root/.obm/log/1449711651768/Backup

-If the backup job is running on CBS server side:
%User Home%/&Backup User Name%/db/ClientLogs/%Machine MAC address for perform the backup job%/log/%Backup Set ID%/Backup/

For Example:
$CBS_Home/user/obm2/db/ClientLogs/00–0C–29–1B–5F–6C–Administrator/log/1520306991094/Backup

You can also contact our supports to work with you on this case? They will assist once they have studied your environment. Please submit your case through our partner portal at https://www.ahsay.com/partners

Hope the above information can help.

Thanks
Jayden Au

Re: How to read log files in cgz format

Postby tethis-it » Wed May 22, 2019 3:25 pm

Thanks a lot, this is indeed helpfull!

But the server based backup jog seem to be a little different. For me, there is not MAC address involved.
Instead, I see the name I gave the CDS software during customization.

%User Home%/&Backup User Name%/db/ClientLogs/%CDS backup server name%/log/%Backup Set ID%/Backup/

For me i's like this:
$CBS_Home/user/testuser/db/ClientLogs/tethis CDS Backup Software/log/1520306912345/Backup

And by the way: to read a file without uncompressing it first, you can use the handy "zless" command.
On Linux, that is :)

E.g. zless 2019-01-14-05-20-00.log.gz
tethis-it

Return to AhsayCBS v7