Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Local Backup to Cloud and then Resuming Cloud Backup won't work properly

Discuss technical questions on AhsayCBS release

Moderator: Support Team

Local Backup to Cloud and then Resuming Cloud Backup won't work properly

Postby Tamirwig » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Hello,

The company I work in has Ahsay CBS v.7.13.0.6.
Recently I took an exisiting backup set, wanting to avoid uploading over 50GB and crippling one of our customer's bandwith, I set up a local backup using that set to an external harddrive, and then uploaded the set to the server.
I must have done something wrong, because after removing Local Backup from the set and setting AhsayCBS once again, it resufed to backup, the index file was corrupt. I changed the temp folder location, forcing a rebuild of the index - After that the backup started working again, but it completely ignores all the data I uploaded and tries uploading everything, not just deltas - Just what I was trying to avoid.

Is there a way to correct this? I could make a new set, copy the data I uploaded to the CBS server to that set and try again, but I'm not sure it would work. Something tells me it's an issue of index files misreporting the data present.
Tamirwig

Re: Local Backup to Cloud and then Resuming Cloud Backup won't work properly

Postby Richard Au » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:07 am

Hello,

To help us looking into this issue, could you please contact our support to verify on this? Please submit your case through our ticket system at https://www.ahsay.com/partners/en/home/ ... rt_tickets
Richard Au
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Richard Au

Re: Local Backup to Cloud and then Resuming Cloud Backup won't work properly

Postby JasonEde » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:05 am

Tamirwig wrote:Hello,

The company I work in has Ahsay CBS v.7.13.0.6.
Recently I took an exisiting backup set, wanting to avoid uploading over 50GB and crippling one of our customer's bandwith, I set up a local backup using that set to an external harddrive, and then uploaded the set to the server.
I must have done something wrong, because after removing Local Backup from the set and setting AhsayCBS once again, it resufed to backup, the index file was corrupt. I changed the temp folder location, forcing a rebuild of the index - After that the backup started working again, but it completely ignores all the data I uploaded and tries uploading everything, not just deltas - Just what I was trying to avoid.

Is there a way to correct this? I could make a new set, copy the data I uploaded to the CBS server to that set and try again, but I'm not sure it would work. Something tells me it's an issue of index files misreporting the data present.

Have you looked in the knowledge base about taking SEED backups on Ahsay 7? Once the seed is taken then you need to not run the backup until the seed is copied onto the server. Make sure all the files go in the right location and check ownership of the files. See https://forum.ahsay.com/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=14850
JasonEde

Return to AhsayCBS v7