Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Azure Storage Types

Discuss any issues related to Microsoft Azure here.

Moderator: Support Team

Azure Storage Types

Postby MFGUKLTD » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:23 pm

Hi all,

I am using AhSay CBS v7 in a production environment, using Azure storage. At this present time I am using a "Standard-General" type storage account, and will soon be moving to "Standard-Blob" type. (I know I cannot change the type).

I have noticed no major problems with using the Azure appliance and Azure storage and am generally happy with it.

However, there are a few caveats which may not be noticable until later on.

1. per user account, the individual storage quota does not apply, and therefore the threshold alert does not apply. The quota is set on the storage setting under the policy options, and allocates this amount to EVERY user account.

2. I only have 1x storage account, in which AhSay then creates 1x container. Within the container, all the backup client folders are. In order to use the "Hot" or "Cold" tiers, you will be automatically be using "Standard-Blob" type. When Azure sends me the bill, I see storage charges as well as 'data management' charges (which are generally negligible)

But, in relation to this, I have NOT got any clients in the "Standard-Blob" storage account, so I don't know how the write and read operations affect the bill.

If anyone else has any other thoughts/experience, that would be great! I cannot seem to find best practises/recommendations about setting up Azure Storage anywhere.

Thanks in advance,
MFGUKLTD

Re: Azure Storage Types

Postby Richard Au » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:26 am

Hello,

For more information regarding this issue, can you please contact our support to verify on this? Please submit your case through our ticket system at https://ahsay.com/jsp/en/contact/kbQuestion.jsp
Richard Au
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Richard Au

Return to Microsoft Azure