Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Issue with backing up to Azure. "Failed to ready a bucket"

Discuss any issues related to Microsoft Azure here.

Moderator: Support Team

Issue with backing up to Azure. "Failed to ready a bucket"

Postby chris_nager » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:05 pm

Hi there,

Currently settings clients up in a fresh CBS environment, new server and new clients. Using Azure as a predefined destination. However, when trying to run a backup we receive an error which states as follows:

"[k] [CloudException.CreateBucketFailedExpt] [AzureManager.assureBucketExists] Failed to ready a bucket (problem with getting container reference), caused by [StorageException] This request is not authorized to perform this operation."

I am struggling to find any solid info and resolution to this problem online so I would appreciate your assistance on this. As far as we can see we have added the destination correctly to AhSay and all the correct permissions are in place but perhaps we have missed something so your help is appreciated,

Thank you in advance,
Chris
chris_nager

Re: Issue with backing up to Azure. "Failed to ready a bucket"

Postby manto.lee » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:51 am

Dear,

Base on the error message you've provided it seems the error was returned from the Azure when the access permission is not sufficient.

To allow us to further work on the case, can you contact our supports to work with you? They will assist once they have studied your environment. Please submit your case through our partner portal at https://www.ahsay.com/partners

Thank you.
Manto Lee
Ahsay Forum Support Team
manto.lee

Re: Issue with backing up to Azure. "Failed to ready a bucket"

Postby chris_nager » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:08 pm

Thank you, I will submit a ticket now,

Kind regards,
Chris
chris_nager

Return to Microsoft Azure