Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

AD Authentication Failure

Discuss technical questions on AhsayACB

Moderator: Support Team

AD Authentication Failure

Postby tonyt » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:07 pm

I am using AhsayACB client version 5.5.8.0 in win xp pro eng. after i changed the domain password, i got a notify mail every hours. the mail subject is about "AD Authentication Failure". i don't want to receive that disgusting mail,please hlep.

I can run the back according to my schedule and can log in the web page with my new domail password successfully.
tonyt

Postby Support3 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:54 am

Can you please login to the AhsayACB user interface (not the web console) to update the previous password to the latest one?

Thanks.
Support3

AD authentication failure on inactive account

Postby acnestudios » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:32 pm

I am experiencing a similar issue. But the problem is that I recently began cleaning up our AD and started disabling and deleting old user accounts. But I don't want to delete their backed up data on the backup server.

Is there any way to disable the account in the AhsayACB admin interface so that the account is still there with all its backed up data but it doesn't try to authenticate to the domain?

I've tried to delete the user's backup schedule from the admin interface and also suspended the user as well.
acnestudios

Re: AD Authentication Failure

Postby annaya » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:45 pm

I can run the back according to my schedule and can log in the web page with my new domail password successfully.
emma
annaya

Re: AD Authentication Failure

Postby acavas » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:59 pm

Hi,

Just check the ahsayOBS manual :

4.8 Windows Active Directory (AD) Authentication Setting
http://ahsay-dn.ahsay.com/document/v625 ... _admin.pdf

"To synchronize AhsayOBS and AD, removal of users can be configured. If you
want to delete/disable AhsayOBS user account when the user is removed
from AD, you can check the boxes in the section of [Remove AhsayOBS
Account]. "