Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

RDR API nonsense

Discuss technical questions on AhsayRDR

Moderator: Support Team

RDR API nonsense

Postby lasseoe » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:00 am

So, I'm trying to understand why the API is as it is, and maybe that's the actual problem.. I shouldn't.

It seems there's no way to ask the RDR for user information, or for a list of users without specifying an OBS host as well, but that pretty much defeats the purpose of the RDR, at least when it comes to utilizing the API.

Why do I need to tell it which OBS to query? The RDR already knows which users are on which OBSs. It seems rather dumb having to loop over a static list of OBS servers, and ask each one if the user is there

Also, there's no API call to get a list of OBS servers, so I have to write that list in my code and maintain it.

AHSAY: Please fix this ASAP.
Lasse
lasseoe

Postby fg » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Full Ack!! I used OBS 6.3.1.1 and RDR 6.3.0.0 for long time now. And there it was possible to send the APIs directly to RDR. "host" parameter is a bug not a feature!!
fg

Re: RDR API nonsense

Postby JasonEde » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:30 am

Agree, there needs to be a way of querying the rdr server to get a list of all users and their respective obs servers...
JasonEde

Return to AhsayRDR