Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Seedload Woes!

Discuss technical questions on AhsayACB

Moderator: Support Team

Seedload Woes!

Postby robgratt » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with how to do a seedload.

Ahsay support have been great but I can't seem to get my seedloads to work properly. It seems that when they get up to around 40GB they fail.

This is what I do:

1. Install ACB on client and create the backup job.
2. Run seedload.bat and put the resultant files on an external drive.
3. Before the next scheduled backup, take the external drive to the server.
4. Copy the 'db' and 'files' dirs across into the correct user on the server, agreeing to 'merge' any existing dirs - this is Win 7.
5. Open OBS and run the single user rebuild for the user.

However, when I've finished, there is only about 2GB of the 40GB expected.

How does everyone else do it? Are there specific things to look for? I have tried doing the seedload numerous times, and still it fails. (Support - this is a different customer to 'MusgraveCams')

The only suspicious entery in the log is the following:

info][system]'Thread-24' One entry on Backup log is corrupted of User='myuser' BackupSet='1322094859212' BackupJob='2011-11-24-10-44-44', and it will not be appent to the report. Detail Message='For input string: ""'

'myuser' isn't the real user name.

I have just noticed that the date on the backup job is ''2011-11-24' - don't know where that came from!

I'm really pulling my hair out over this, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd be eternally grateful.

Rob
robgratt

Postby Jake Steier » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:51 am

I am getting this error as well. Does anyone have a solution? The customer is an hour and a half drive away when we have to get a seed so any fixes without a new seed would be great.

Two weeks in a row we have gone to get a seed and have still received this error of the Backup Log being corrupt for the user. The first time we suspected a bad file copy. However, with the second seed generating the same errors we suspect OBS/OBM.

There are two backup sets each with approx. 60 GB of data.

OBS is 6.7.0.0
Jake Steier

Another way

Postby gingerr6 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:12 pm

I have seeded with no problem. Open the client click backup then options, choose local hard drive (seed load utility)

choose the external HDD and backup. then copy the files to the backup server to the user folder from the USB drive.

Simples :)

James.

also Ahsay is VERY good at compacting the data. we have had compression up to 80%
gingerr6

Postby Jake Steier » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:57 pm

Gingerr6,

We have uploaded numerous seeds in the past but have gotten this specific error recently with the last two for this user. I have an open ticket with Ahsay and will update this thread with any information available.

Jake
Jake Steier

Postby gingerr6 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:24 pm

Jake Steier wrote:Gingerr6,

We have uploaded numerous seeds in the past but have gotten this specific error recently with the last two for this user. I have an open ticket with Ahsay and will update this thread with any information available.

Jake

have you done it my way of the way in the 1st post.??
gingerr6

Postby Jake Steier » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:42 pm

We have done it your way. But, that should not make a difference since it has the same files either way.
Jake Steier

Postby gingerr6 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:53 pm

Jake Steier wrote:We have done it your way. But, that should not make a difference since it has the same files either way.

very true.

just copy the data files and NOT the db folder??

that's what did?
gingerr6

Postby Virgil » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:16 am

Ahem.... I think RobGratt was referring to an ACB client which doesn't have a local backup option.

Rob, one off the wall option to try here is to seed using OBM, then reinstall using ACB. That should get you the seed load as described by others here.
Virgil

Re: Seedload Woes!

Postby robgratt » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi,

A couple of things I've found that work for me:

1. After installing ACB and before doing the seedload: SAVE TO THE SERVER and then CLOSE ACB

2. When copying the seedload to the server only copy the actual backupset folder
e.g. H:\Seedload\miivault.gets-it.net\RebeccaPC\files\1340594270056 NOT the db etc. folders

3. When doing the single user rebuild i.e. under the file validation option - wait, and then wait some more.
Depending on the size of the seedload, how busy your server is and how powerful, it can take HOURS!
Every now and then, go into 'Manage Log' and show 5000 lines and then search for 'Finished single backup set rebuild. User='
Remember that there may be more than one page!

Hope this helps someone.

Rob
robgratt

Return to AhsayACB