Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Settings not saved

Discuss technical questions on AhsayUBS

Moderator: Support Team

Settings not saved

Postby jimmurdoch » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi, I have successfully installed UBS on a clean server. I can access the web-admin using the default password.
Now I notice that any settings I make are NOT saved. I get a notification that settings have been saved but on checking I see that they are not.

e.g. Email settings. I have entered to and from email addresses and saved. I click on test it warns me in red that the email is not configured. I click back and the email addresses I have entered are gone. I have done this several times.

e.g. Password change. I changed the password, entered the current password and the new password twice. Saved and I get the notification that the password has been saved. I logout and can not login with the new password. I can login with the default password.

e.g. Date and time. same thing here. The fields go blank after clicking the save button, clicking another tab and going back.

So it seems that NO SETTINGS are being saved. What is causing this?

Thanks,
Jim
jimmurdoch

Re: Settings not saved

Postby Support3 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Hello Jim,

Can you tell us which version of AhsayUBS are you using?

Can you login to your AhsayUBS web admin console:

1. Perform a change password.
2. Go to [Information] > [System logs] and check if there are any error recorded.

Normally when you perform a change password, the AhsayUBS system log will show the following entry "root: userdb service executed"
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Support3

Postby jimmurdoch » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:58 pm

Sorry, I tried again and now it is working.
I just purchased licenses and entered the key into the OBS Manage System. Could this be an affect of the trial license?

In any case I am good to go.
Thanks,
Jim
jimmurdoch

Postby Support3 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:11 pm

Hello Jim,

Thank for updating us.

The license status on your AhsayOBS service does not affect the features on AhsayUBS. I suggest you take a look at your AhsayUBS system logs just in case there may other issues casing this problem, i.e. hardware
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Support3

Return to AhsayUBS