OS Version : All
Product : OBM
Product Version :
Descriptions : "Run on this computer" is unchecked by default
Reasons : need to unchecked it when login using other computers
Workaround : N/A
Related Topics : N/A
Keywords : N/A
Last edited by Nelsonn on Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ahsay Online Backup
Nelsonn

Postby peakbackup5 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:40 am

If this addresses the need to go back to all other computers with the same login name and "uncheck" after a new backup, I like the idea.

The way you currently create new backup sets with the wizard does not prompt you for "run on this computer" or not. Adding an additional step of requiring an end-user to highlight the backup set, then check "run on this computer" will introduce too much complexity.
Jim Robinson

http://www.PeakBackup.com
Ahsay Gold Partner
719-433-4230
peakbackup5

Postby rootjmo » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:55 pm

Hmmm, isn't this a change that is scheduled in 5.2 ?
rootjmo

Postby Peters » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:57 pm

Definitely this change is required. At the moment the way things are set it is a VERY dangerous thing.
Peters

Postby kentschu » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:04 am

Yes, we agree this is should be a HIGH priority fix/change. This is one of the two main fix/changes that we hope to see implemented ASAP. (The other is related to updating permissions wasting storage space.)
kentschu

Postby leemason » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:27 pm

Very useful indeed. It is really confusing for some people to realise that when they schedule a backup is will run on all systems running the scheduler with the same account.
BackupsAnywhere Ltd (http://www.backupsanywhere.com)
leemason

Postby Nelsonn » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:49 pm

rootjmo wrote:Hmmm, isn't this a change that is scheduled in 5.2 ?

Yep, this feature is available in 5.2.
Ahsay Online Backup
Nelsonn

Postby Labsy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:13 am

By my oppinion, option should not be "Run on this computer" but "LOCK this schedule to run only on this computer".
And by enabling the option, all settings for the particular job would be disabled for any other computer.
-*- All computers wait at the same speed. -*-
Labsy

Postby Nelsonn » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:05 pm

Labsy wrote:By my oppinion, option should not be "Run on this computer" but "LOCK this schedule to run only on this computer".
And by enabling the option, all settings for the particular job would be disabled for any other computer.

Hi Labsy,

This option is now called "Run scheduled backup on this computer", instead of locking the settings I think it might be better to pop up an error message when user is trying to edit on other computers. Since some users/admin may use one OBM to edit all other backupsets which are run on different computers.

Thanks
Ahsay Online Backup
Nelsonn

Postby Labsy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:27 am

Nelsonn wrote:
Labsy wrote:By my oppinion, option should not be "Run on this computer" but "LOCK this schedule to run only on this computer".

...I think it might be better to pop up an error message when user is trying to edit on other computers...

Any news on this feature to be added in further versions?
-*- All computers wait at the same speed. -*-
Labsy

Postby Nelsonn » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:55 pm

Labsy wrote:
Nelsonn wrote:

...I think it might be better to pop up an error message when user is trying to edit on other computers...

Any news on this feature to be added in further versions?

Hi Labsy,

Unfortunately, we still haven't got a date for your request. If there is any updates related to your request, I will post it in here asap.

Cheers,
Ahsay Online Backup
Nelsonn

Return to Archived - Technical Discussions