Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

No CDP option on Mac client?

Discuss technical questions on AhsayACB

Moderator: Support Team

No CDP option on Mac client?

Postby bytes » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:23 pm

Hello,

I'm currently testing out the Ahsay backup software and I noticed that there was no option to activate Continuous Data Protection from my Mac client?

I've got the main backup server software running with a test license on a Windows PC in our network. If I install the AhsayACB client on another Windows machine, the CDP option is shown under Backup settings. Both clients can connect to the backup server without problems.
On the Mac client on my Macbook there are only options for Encryption, Temporary Directory, Recycle Bin and Advanced settings. CDP options are not shown.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing out on here?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Operating systems are: Windows 7 Professional on both server and test client. My Macbook Pro runs OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)
bytes

Re: No CDP option on Mac client?

Postby Support3 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:31 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Ahsay.

The CDP (Continuous Data Protection) feature on both AhsayOBM/AhsayACB is only available for Windows platforms.
Ahsay Forum Support Team
Support3

Re: No CDP option on Mac client?

Postby bytes » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:25 pm

Thank you for the speedy answer! Not exactly the answer I was hoping for, but it saves me trying to look for something that doesn't even exist :)
bytes

Return to AhsayACB