Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

CBS Mistake on Restricting Access by IP address

Discuss technical questions on AhsayCBS release

Moderator: Support Team

CBS Mistake on Restricting Access by IP address

Postby bserebin » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:06 am

AhsayCBS 7.17.0.50

I made a mistake on the "Restricting access to system page by IP address" and used the wrong syntax for the IP address range, and now I can no longer access the web based CBS mgmt console via the IP even on the server itself. Is there a config file I can revert to allow all access again (0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255)? I have full Windows access.

Thanks
bserebin

Re: CBS Mistake on Restricting Access by IP address

Postby manto.lee » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:43 am

Hi,

Regarding to your enquiry, can you contact our supports to work with you on this? You can submit your case through our partner portal at https://www.ahsay.com/partners
Manto Lee
Ahsay Forum Support Team
manto.lee

Re: CBS Mistake on Restricting Access by IP address

Postby bserebin » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:52 am

I'd prefer to get the answer here so other people can benefit and learn from my mistake. Be careful on syntax when using the access control lists. I still don't think you should be able to block the local host/local IP from connecting to CBS.

I restored the pre-change "web.xml" files in the following 2 folders and this did not fix it. Any other ideas?

AhsayCBS\webapps\cbs\WEB-INF
AhsayCBS\webapps\obs\WEB-INF

Thank you,
-Ben
bserebin

Return to AhsayCBS v7