Existing partner, login to
Partner Portal

Discussion Forum

User 'XXXX' is suspended.

Discuss technical questions on AhsayOBS

Moderator: Support Team

User 'XXXX' is suspended.

Postby backithere » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:32 pm

Since the latest "hot fixs", both ACB/OBM & OBS, when I have a suspended account, it notifies the log every 1-3 seconds. As you can guess, my logs are getting huge.

Support suggested restarting the service, which I did. Worked for 2 minutes then right back to it. In the process of sending them logs.

Anyone else having this problem?
backithere

Postby ahh-say-what » Thu May 17, 2012 12:13 am

Been having the same problem on v6.9.0.4 and v6.9.2.0.

My suspended clients are reported multiple times per second, every second. Makes the log impossible to read and my back end log files have grown from 200-300 MB to 2GB/day.

Was there any fix when you had the issue?
ahh-say-what

Postby Support3 » Thu May 17, 2012 11:55 am

The original post was from 2010, this issue have been resolved since version 6.5.

Furthermore, can I clarify if the ticket ID of the ticket submitted is RIW-789207? Looking at the ticket, this issue has been resolved, can you please confirm if you are still experiencing the problem?

Thanks.
Support3

Postby ahh-say-what » Fri May 18, 2012 4:53 am

Correct, that is my ticket. It was briefly resolved by un-suspending and re-suspending, but the problem persists for one user. I sent over a bunch of logs for you today.

Thanks
ahh-say-what

Postby Support3 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:28 am

Thanks, we shall continue to assist you in the ticket submitted. You are welcome to share the findings afterward on this same thread.

Thanks.
Support3

Postby timg » Mon May 21, 2012 6:00 am

I am seeing the same issue on 6.9.2.0 i have tried unsuspending and re-suspending the user, restarting obs etc but the spam message in the system log are 2-3 per second. can you set this to stop whatever running backup is occurring when a user is suspended, similar to the quota exceeded-backup stopped code? we really need some way to stop running backups from the server when a client goes wild, and is spamming the server. For Instance, when you get a client that starts with this,
BackupSetBFS.getDataBlock] Some data is missing for
[error][system][NewFileRqt.doNewFiles] Failed to process new file requests for user=xxxxxxx
sClientPath=xxxxxxx\microsoft Information Store...index.bdb.

I am having a lot of issues with that.
timg

Postby Support3 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:14 am

For this issue, we have identified that when suspending a user account on AhsayOBS version 6.9.2.0, after approximately six hours, the AhsayOBM / ACB scheduler service will start sending repeated requests to the backup server.

The temporary workaround is to:

1. Un-install the AhsayOBM / ACB application on the corresponding backup account's machine.
2. Temporary enable the backup account, ensure that the repeated log has stopped, and then change the corresponding account's quota to 0.

We are now aware of this issue and are working on a fix in future release to resolve the problem.
Support3

Is this issue resolved ? In which version ?

Postby mbrcomp » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:30 pm

Is this issue resolved ? In which version ?
I want to suspend users, but suddenly I am afraid to do so.
mbrcomp

Postby Support3 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:06 am

This issue has been fixed since version 6.9.4.0:

Release Notes - http://www.ahsay.com/download/customer/ ... -notes.htm wrote:Bug fix - AhsayOBS logs grow rapidly when AhsayOBM scheduler sends repeated "Account suspended" error to AhsayOBS

Please upgrade your AhsayOBS server to the latest version to avoid this known issue.

Thanks.
Support3

Return to AhsayOBS