Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Free Cluster / Redirector

Discuss technical questions on AhsayRDR

Moderator: Support Team

Free Cluster / Redirector

Postby Ace16Vitamine » Sun May 30, 2010 7:29 am

Hi all,

we have 2 Servers running (because servers are dedicated with low HD Space.

Is it possible that both Servers are able to communicate again to locate which user is stored on which server? I ask because i dont want to pay a lot of money for a redirector server (not for this simple feature, sorry). Or is there a free redirector server availible?

Thanks
Ace
Ace16Vitamine

Postby PG » Mon May 31, 2010 7:59 am

as far as I know redirector is free, just run it in a virtualised enviroment, its not resource hungry
PG

Postby Support3 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:45 am

There is license fee required for running the AhsayRDR (Ahsay Redirector) application. With the AhsayRDR implemented, backup client can connect to the AhsayRDR, and would be re-directed to their corresponding AhsayOBS server automatically.

Thanks.
Support3

Postby Ace16Vitamine » Mon May 31, 2010 11:46 pm

Thank You!

And that means, i need to pay for RDR for my smal office....

But...
You earn money with licenses when my bussiness is growing up. So why is RDR not for free, i mean it helps me to sell more licenses... or am I wrong? So, what is with a smal RDR version (50 Users, 2 or 3 Servers) for free?

kr
ACE
Ace16Vitamine

Postby lasseoe » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:00 am

RDR should be free, or only cost a very small amount of money in support. It's not exactly an advanced product!
Lasse
lasseoe

Return to AhsayRDR