Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

OBS / RDR API (What do i have to consider with API-calls and a RDR?)

Discuss technical questions on AhsayRDR

Moderator: Support Team

OBS / RDR API (What do i have to consider with API-calls and a RDR?)

Postby tobias-taeuber » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:39 pm

We are currently using a stand-alone OBS Server. We are productive since August 2010. We have created our own customer portal and use the API from the OBS intensive.

We did not expect to arrive so good at our customers ;-)... Our Server is approaching its performance limit (nearly 500 OBM-Accounts).

Now we plan to introduce the RDR and a second OBS. My question is now: What do i have to change in my API-calls or do i have to notice something?

I will only refer to the admin-manual, but i can´t find something about API´s with RDR... or i am blind ;-)

Can anyone help me?
tobias-taeuber

Postby peakbackup5 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:27 am

You still need to maintain some individual parameters for each OBS. Unless something has changed in the last couple months an example would be the api to RDD with obs# in the string. So, we decided to modify the API to continue direct OBS calls while using RDR for client connections. Then, if you need to move a client on an obs, copy them over, modify your api database.
Jim Robinson

http://www.PeakBackup.com
Ahsay Gold Partner
719-433-4230
peakbackup5

Postby Support3 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:53 pm

API can still be called on the corresponding OBS server, or via the RDR server. There's actually no 'specific' RDR API, but only new host parameter which can be used when calling API via the RDR server. For example, when calling the ListUsers.do API via the RDR server, you can specify the actual OBS that you would like to list user for:

http://BACKUP_SERVER/obs/api/ListUsers. ... wd=system&Host=obs.yourserver.com

For more details, please refer to the AhsayOBS Administrator's Guide (Chapter 19).

Thanks.
Support3

Return to AhsayRDR