Knowledge Base & Discussion Forum

Collocate Ahsay RDR on Ahsay OBS

Discuss technical questions on AhsayRDR

Moderator: Support Team

Collocate Ahsay RDR on Ahsay OBS

Postby pdpendle » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:27 am

Hi,

Is the above (as in both roles installed on the same server) supported? We're a long time Ahsay OBS user but now we need to scale out our platform and are looking at RDR. It's my understanding (I've read the admin guide) all clients will be redirected to the correct OBS to transfer data anyway so the there's little throughput required on the RDR itself. I would of course give the existing OBS a 2nd IP address and use for RDR. We'd then roll out additional separate OBS platforms.

Thanks in advance.

PP
pdpendle

Postby PG » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:22 am

I believe this is possible, you just need to run them on different ports.
PG

Postby Scherring » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:30 pm

Just open C:\Program Files\AhsayRDR\conf\server.xml and change the following values to another different port/IP address.

<Server port="8016" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

<Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">

<!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 80 -->
<Connector address="0.0.0.0" port="80" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" socketBuffer="16384"
maxThreads="2000" minSpareThreads="20" maxSpareThreads="2000" maxKeepAliveRequests="100"
enableLookups="false" redirectPort="443" acceptCount="200"
connectionTimeout="60000" disableUploadTimeout="true" URIEncoding="utf-8"/>

<!-- Define a SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443 -->
<Connector address="0.0.0.0" port="443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" socketBuffer="16384"
maxThreads="2000" minSpareThreads="20" maxSpareThreads="2000" maxKeepAliveRequests="100"
enableLookups="false" redirectPort="443" acceptCount="200"
connectionTimeout="60000" disableUploadTimeout="true" SSLEnabled="true"
scheme="https" secure="true" keystoreFile="conf/keystore"
keystorePass="changeit" clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" URIEncoding="utf-8"/>

<Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" >
<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false" liveDeploy="false">
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
directory="${tc.log.path}" prefix="access_log." suffix=".log"
pattern="common"/>
</Host>
</Engine>

</Service>

</Server>
Scherring Chong
Founder & Vice Chairman
Ahsay Backup
Scherring

Postby pdpendle » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:36 pm

Thanks for that and understood.

My plan is to have the RDR as obs.mycompany[dot]com (we're using this because all the clients currently point to that A record so changing would be a pain). Then we'll use obs1.mycompany[dot]com, obs2.mycompany[dot]com etc for the actual OBSs.

I will be collocating obs.mycompan[dot]com (RDR) and obs1.mycompany[dot]com (OBS) on the same server. I'll be using HTTPS for both services on the same server but they'll have different hostnames. Does Ahsay support SAN certificates or could I import one for each? The former would be preferable.

Thanks,

PP
pdpendle

Return to AhsayRDR