Discuss technical questions on AhsayRPS

Moderator: Support Team

RPS Seedload

Postby robgratt » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:29 am

Sometimes I wonder why we bother:

"In order to speed up the replication process and achieve LOGGING mode as
quick as possible. It may be worth considering performing an initial
AhsayOBS seed load to your AhsayRPS server."

Huh? Any clues how? Someone here said the 'System' folder not just the users folders. I assume this is not the 'rps-system' folder?

So frustrating having an 'Administrator’s Guide' that misses the most important stuff out!

Just a rant...

Rob
robgratt

Postby jblancet » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:25 pm

There does exist a Replication Admin Guide that can be downloaded, just FYI.

As for replication, it's just a mirror of the OBSR installation directory and user directories. Its stored typically in a path that you specify in the configuration setup under a directory labelled "files". So if you configure the RPS to a directory C:\rps, and then turned on replication, your obsr copy would be placed under c:\rps\files\..\..\..

My OS is Linux. The default OBSR is installed under /usr/local/obsr. So those paths are replicated.

To seed this I would simply make a duplicate of that installation, and place on the RPS.

Doe that help any?
jblancet

Postby robgratt » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi, jblancet,

Thanks for the response - very helpful.

I just needed to get this up and running quickly and couldn't find anything useful...

Rob
robgratt

Re: RPS Seedload

Postby pacepage » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:35 pm

it is claimed that OBS will build these 'on the fly' as required, however if you have 300 customers that nobody has changed the default back time from 9pm be assured your OBS server will choke when it attempts to build indexes on the fly at that volume
pacepage

Return to AhsayRPS